Benefit calculator - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit calculator

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    As you're in the Support Group claiming Income Related ESA then the Enhanced disability premium is automatically added.

To claim the severe disability premium you need to be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid high rate care. You also need to be living alone or classed as living alone.

As your daughter is living with you then you won't be entitled to SDP if you were claiming the qualifying benefit, unless she also claimed a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid.high rate care.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    @poppy123456  aww ok ty no my daughter  never  claimed anything only uv 4 herself till she got a job ?
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456  sorry I'm lacking memory today  does that mean if me an my daughter never claimed.  NONE of them  benifits  I could  claim it???  ?
  • poppy123456
    gillian72 said:
    @poppy123456  aww ok ty no my daughter  never  claimed anything only uv 4 herself till she got a job ?

I'm not sure what UV is? As you're daughter doesn't claim a qualifying benefit then you won't be entitled to any severe disability premium.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456  sorry I ment uc  is all she claimed 4 herself till she got a job, sorry I'm. just coming out of a massive breakdown  I feel like I've been  sent  4words in time  to  year 2020 xx 
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear that. I know you have a shortfall in your rent because your daughter is a non dependent. As i previously advised, you could apply for a Discretionary housing payment to cover that shortfall BUT they may not agree to this because your daughter is expected to pay the shortfall because she's working.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 ok no probs poppy ty 4  ur help , I'm of to boot my daughter  out  lmao??xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited April 2020
    Hi @gillian72
    Have you thought about looking into Universal Credit? The non-dependent deductions wouldn't start on UC until your daughter is 21, and they tend not to be as harsh as the ones on HB. Your support group status would be honoured and the deductions for your ESA overpayment can be negotiated. It doesn't work for everyone and there is a lot to consider (such as monthly payments, which don't suit everyone, and it can change your council tax support amount) and I'd strongly advise using a better off calculator to double check the amounts.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • gillian72
    @Adrian_Scope, I'm finding it a bit difficult taking in to much info  an get confused  an forgetful plus my tinnitus is so loud  sometimes sorry, I'm daughter is 20 in May  an she does give me £16 that they take off my hb ,but my  council tax was £22 ish a month an now they want £55 pm ?
  • poppy123456
    Is your daughter able to pay anymore for her "keep"? that's really not alot to pay you. Don't forget if she lived alone then it would cost her a lot of the what she's paying you. I have adult children myself but 2 don't live with me anymore. If they did then i'd expect more than just £16.

My other daughter who lives with me is 19 and still in full time education so i still claim tax credits for her.

I do believe i advised you about UC on another thread. It is a lot more generous than the legacy benefits are and you would have any non dependent deductions for the housing element because of your daughters age.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 she gave her pay slips to the council an they said  £86 was her average weekly pay an she's on 0 contract hrs at a hotel so it has closed because of virus so she's gonna have claim uc  4 now ??
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456  bit of confusion I think,u giving  us  ur help an advice,which  (I'm very grateful 4 ) I don't know how u keep up some days with all these Qs we  keep  asking on here your a little ? Xx. ( I'm the one who asked if u could claim  uc aswell as  ur esa lol)  I get confused just writing  my questions ?
  • poppy123456
    gillian72 said:
    @poppy123456  bit of confusion I think,u giving  us  ur help an advice,which  (I'm very grateful 4 ) I don't know how u keep up some days with all these Qs we  keep  asking on here your a little ? Xx. ( I'm the one who asked if u could claim  uc aswell as  ur esa lol)  I get confused just writing  my questions ?

Thanks for the kind words! You can't claim UC as well as your ESA. Your ESA award would be honoured in UC. Please see Adrian's advice above.
  • gillian72
    Ok just wanted let you no about my esa benfit an council tax struggle, I think it could be my fault lol but not been told of anyone yet but council said could we have kels last 5wage slips so we can make sure hb award is correct lol I haven't heard back but hb award is now £175pf and it was £120pf my rent is £220pf so topup has been so stressful when we had lockdown as I'm sure u all remember me anxiety levels went wild a bit at the time lol???
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    I have great difficulty following text speak, so i'm not 100% sure exactly what you said here, sorry.

Although now you have a daily living award for PIP there will be no non dependent deductions for your housing benefit. DWP do very often share information with local councils but you should still report this to them. If you were having non dependent deductions taken from your housing benefit this will be backdated to the start of your PIP award.
  • gillian72
    @poppy123456 aww I think it could be my fault I'm in mess here I though they dwp was picking on me cause I didn't turn up to pip appeal last yr then council stopped hb esa sent me esa assessment etc hb said they be informed kel left collage in 2017 in ask for CB letter ,ct credit prove of when I informed them an dates they ended this was last yr lucky I have big bin for letters when I was a mess at time lol

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.