PIP F2F Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP F2F Assessment

bigjock123
bigjock123 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
My dla is coming to an end & i was told i would need to apply for pip, i did this at the end of october & on Saturday (yesterday Jan 4th 2020) i received a phonecall telling me that an assessor would be in my area this coming Monday (Jan 6th) & would it be ok for him to visit me between 11am-1pm, i am pleased to get a home visit as i thought they would refuse me one, so is this a good sign that my evidence has shown how bad my mobility is & i have a good chance of meeting the descriptors, as i'm afraid to get my hopes up after hearing so many horror stories about pip.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Having a home assessment doesn't mean anything other than it's taking place in your own home, rather than at an assessment centre. It doesn't mean you'll automatically score points for any descriptors, that will totally depend on how your conditions affect you. PIP and DLA are different benefits with different criteria.

During the assessment you will need to verify what you wrote in the form and answer any additional questions. You'll be watched from the minute they arrive to the minute you leave.

You will need to answer all the questions yourself unless you have an appointee and then they will be able to answer them on your behalf.

Once the assessment is complete a report will be written and returned to DWP. Wait a week after the assessment and you can ring DWP to request a copy of that report. Once you receive it use the PIP descriptors online to compare the recommendations in that report against the PIP descriptors. From that you'll be able to see what points are recommended, if any. Usually they go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Of course you'll still need to wait for a decision to be made but if you're not happy you'll have 1 month to challenge that decision.

Your DLA will continue until a decision's been made on the PIP.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bigjock123
    Thanks guys, i will keep you updated on how it goes & hopefully i'll recive some good news in a few weeks.
  • bigjock123
    Quick update guys, got a phone call to tell me my assessment has been cancelled today & will now take place on 28th Jan, so now i will just have to wait a little bit longer to see how it goes. Will keep you updated as things progress.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's a shame it was cancelled last minute but it's good they've already given you another appointment. 
    Best of luck with it @bigjock123
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • bigjock123
    Thanks Adrian, the way i look at it is, i've waited this long, i can wait another 3wks, plus the longer it takes the longer i still get my dla.
  • bigjock123
    Another update guys, just had another phonecall to tell me my assessment on 28thJan is also cancelled & it will now take place on 10th Feb, that's the 3rd date i've now be given, oh well the longer it takes, the longer i'll have my DLA.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @bigjock123! It must be extremely frustrating. I hope it goes well on 10th February. :)
    Scope

• bigjock123
    Thanks Chloe, hopefully it goes ahead on the 10th, it doesn't bother me,but my daughter wants to be there with me & she keeps having to change her day off to be here.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed for you then @bigjock123
    Scope

• bigjock123
    UPDATE...happy to say my home assessment took place on Monday, it seemed to go ok, guy was quite nice & at the end he gave me a quick examination to check some of my movements, he told me not to stand, but just do some minor movements sitting down, but he noticed how much pain i was in & stopped it immediately & told me to sit back & get my breath back & he wasn't going to bother me any more. Hopefully i get some news in the next 4-6 weeks, if i haven't heard anything by 8wks i've to give them a phone. The day after this, i received a text from DWP telling me they had received the assessors report & would be in touch with me in the near future.
  • blue32
    blue32 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
  • Florine
    Florine Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Don't forget you can request a copy of the assessor's report now and have a look at it, if you want, before the decision is made.
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm glad to hear it went okay @bigjock123. As @Florine has suggested, you will be able to ring up and request a copy of the report. 

This will give you an indication about what decision to expect as the normally go with the report.

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• bigjock123
    Update guys: finally got thru to dwp on tuesday & asked for a copy of the report, it came this morning & after adding up all the points for both criteria, it looks like i may get enhanced rate for both, if the decision maker goes with the report, just need to wait on the official letter now, but things look on the up, fingers crossed.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Good luck @bigjock123. Fingers crossed!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • bigjock123
    Thanks Adrian.?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @bigjock123, just wanted to see if you have received your report. :)
    Scope

• bigjock123
    Hi Chloe, i received a copy of the assessor's report, which going by his scores ,if the decision maker agrees with, i would be awarded the enhanced rate for both components, but i still haven't received my official letter yet & when i phoned yesterday, they said it is taking upto 14wks at the moment for decisions to be made, so that was 9wks past on Monday, so just 5wks max to go, hopefully.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Fingers crossed they go with the assessor report @bigjock123. Be sure to let us know. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • bigjock123
    I sure will Adrian, as soon as i know, the forum will know, that's a promise.?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.