benefit suspended — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

benefit suspended

joyce54
joyce54 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Type your message am due to start my State pension on 5th May 2020. I have received a letter today from ESA telling me they cannot pay me from 25th March, after over an hour waiting to speak to someone, they have passed it over to Benefits support who will try and call me by end of next week. My payment from ESA is due this Wednesday 8th April . Can anyone shed any light on why it cannot be paid until I start receiving my state pension ?

Comments

• wassil19
    wassil19 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Can I ask you if you have received the letter from the DWP informing you about the exact date your pensionis due to start? 
    For me it's falls on my birthday when I turn 66 but for you it could be different because of the equalisation of pension age for women and men,  you can search for " pension age calculator"  it will tell you the date your pension is due to start.
    If the date you gave is confirmed then the DWP might have the answer
  • joyce54
    Hi, my pension starts on 5th May 2020, I spoke to Jobcentre today and the guy couldn't understand why my ESA had stopped, he has asked Benefits support to contact me but with everything that is going on with Covid19 they are short staffed and my payment is due on Wednesday 8th April ..

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @joyce54. Did they get in touch with you and resolve this? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • joyce54
    Hi Adrian . yes they did. Thank you
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's good, I'm glad it was sorted @joyce54.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.