House-bound but can longer get shopping delivered - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

House-bound but can longer get shopping delivered

2»

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    I cant break down those big thick amazon delivery boxes.  They too strong for me to break down. Also look at their pantry now, its almost nothing there, they barely sell anything anymore.  As I said before Morrison's have no service for me.  I dont think its a fair solution to expect me to keep trying this every day, it just increases my stress and makes my health worse, the solution is for government to wake up and sort something out for people like me.

musclefood looks interesting though, thank you for that suggestion.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Hello @Bridget14   Thank you for the suggestion .

Good ideas.

Please you can contact the team.

community@scope.org.uk

I think it would help many members.

Good to do because many are missing out and been not aware of lots of help available.

Because adding constantly as I do find out a lot researching for information, advice guidance on a number of problems members do have.

Trying to inform every one and need to explain , some essential things and aspects of every day living you can do.

I hope that you are coping well if you need anything answers or solution.

Any problems please ask me tag me in.

So always have time for every one . In this situation we all in together.

Pleasure to help and be supportive.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Kit_
    Kit_ Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    I would suggest looking on facebook, you don't need an account to search for a page and you could try searching using the 1st part of your post code or your area and "support" or "coronavirus/covid-19" to find one near you. The page for my area has a list of all local businesses who are delivering, including greengrocers and restaurants who are doing takeaways, and how to contact them. Lots of local businesses have really stepped up and are doing free delivery and offering special services like meals for people who need them.
  • Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    @thespiceman Thank you for your suggestion just contacted community@scope.org.uk have asked for you to be kept in loop.
    How are you doing? I am coping better now that deliveries medication and food solved. We are all in together and although early days I can see from reading the posts it is having many various affects which is why this site is so important. No one can be available all the time but hopefully by sticking together someone is always on line to help.
    Kit_ Thank you for suggesting facebook and I am sure many people here will now be using this useful advice to see what help is available.
    Keep safe all, never bottle up your troubles.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @worried33   I am sorry to hear that. I have fingers missing weakness in arms.

Loss of muscles due to addiction.

Heavy boxes I ask them to put in to the hall for me step away right now.

I asked and will do this small boxes leave at doorstep move away.

Just arrived done that for me.

I use scissors and knife , take my time.  Love a ripping time some music some thing up beat and find the strength to do this.

I find them no problem at all.

One other I know grocery pantry be empty some items have to admit yes maybe problems this is a crisis .

Need to change and adapt eat look at something else.

I have not eaten Curry for  long time went on line bought Curry Pastes.

Not Rice but Noodles.

All available on AMAZON I find have to be looking at alternatives.

With just made this afternoon freezer meals using cheap cuts.

Meatball Chill using Ready made Meatballs and Chilli spice mix stock cube and herbs.

There is food available just have to think outside the box.

I eat two veggie meals a week, Soup and Pasta.

Ordinary tinned Soup add Stock cube and veggies pads it out.

Pasta lots of frozen veggies and jar Pasta Sauce.

Helps every week to pad my fridge freezer out.

Meat Free Monday Curry Chilli Pasta, all good to know and do.

Please if you need advice on recipes or ideas suggestions ask me.

I am sorry your feeling stressed , every one is but we are in this together.

I am trying my best as a member of the team to help every body much as I can.

I suffer stress anxiety mental health.

Have to adapt change and plan.

If you want to any help being organised and any coping methods, strategies' happy to help inform and give you relevant organisations and charities.

I have these here if I have given them before apologise jus if you do contact them they be offering support advice and guidance  on anything they can help with.

Including shopping and anything else.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk

https://www.mind.org.uk

https://www.rethink.org

One other have this one as well.  For welfare.  Worth contacting helping the community.

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk

https://www.redcross.org.uk

Please also contact your local Police Force some areas have a scheme right now. Collection meds and shopping deliveries.

The final point like to make the Government are not interested in giving any help to our Community. So we stuck time to be supportive.

I know and have known a long time that this crisis would happen but it is the foresight of the Government policies that are the issues.

Just a opinion we need to asking and informing of each other how can we be helping today.

It is a struggle daily for me and many of my team colleagues we encounter every day.

Stories misery heart break and me personally up around 5am to bed late early hours because I have a sense of duty you have to.

In my role on the forum, today a rest day forget it love my members need my help.

Being a Christian to help many worse than yourself including me, I am aware some are in distressed state and have reached poverty and starving hungry.

Specifically the Government have got it wrong discrimination isolation even my good looking self was denied help.

As I am classed alone vulnerable poverty and mentally ill.

I am shocked but have moved on, I had to .

I am of these members going into a corner shops see tins products and what is available made fabulous food from nothing.

When your poor bust have no home no money ill and mentally an addict .

Alcohol drugs being evicted have a season ticket for that , then you look at food differently.

I had Italian Spanish Greek friends taught me to make food out of nothing.

Lots of those recipes on line I can give you. Healthy cheap and budgets lots of them around forum.

Please if I can add anything else I can help or be supportive with always here.

Wish you the best .

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Bridget14   Thank you for asking about me no one ever does.

Thank you for sharing I agree if one thing need to be thinking positive, like yours.

I spent a lot of my time helping supporting my community members that is more important to me.

I am OK just finished freezer meals .  Buy meat and joints cheaper cuts freeze in to meals.

Useful pads out freezer costs nothing enough meals for months maybe longer.

I have lot of these on the forum some are worth looking at.

Do take away favourites Chilli Curry and Ragu.

Please take care and safe.

Thank you for keeping me in mind anything can be helping with ask please do.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Hi @thespiceman hope you keeping well. Sorry to hear the journey your life has taken you on. Lovely to read the advice and input you make in helping . Not going to be easy ride but with you on side I am sure it will be fine.
    Take care

Brightness