Blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge

Ricky69
Ricky69 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Iam on pip low rate on care. I got ten points on the mobilty side. Planning and following a journey.  It's says I need help following a unfamiliar journey.  So I have asked for a blue badge.  Only to be told by Norfolk county council that I can't have one because it doesn't say I get anxious or scarred going out ECT.  I was a security guard and was taken hostage on the van a was working on. I've got servere depression and anxiety.  Having a blue badge would give me part of my life back. As I use taxis at the moment for shopping and a going to the hospital as they can drop me off close to the door. I get very anxious going out. And finding parking spaces is very stressful.  I thought with ten points for mobility would get me a blue badge.  Iam waiting for them to look at my application again. Hopefully they will change there mind.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    Hi,

To automatically qualify for a blue badge with following an planning a journey PIP award you need to have scored 10 points in descriptor E. If you scored 10 points in descriptor D then your PIP award doesn't automatically qualify you. As you scored the points for an unfamiliar journey this is descriptor D, which doesn't automatically qualify you. 

It doesn't mean you won't qualify at all but you'll need evidence to support your claim, when you apply.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ricky69
    Thankyou I have just filled in a form they have emailed me. Hopefully it goes well. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you can get this sorted quickly @Ricky69! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Ricky69
    Yes thankyou so much. I will let you know as soon as I do. Thankyou 
  • Ricky69
    Unfortunately I did send them more medical information. But they didn't let me have blue badge.  ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm really sorry to read that @Ricky69. Have you looked into appealing the decision? 
    CAB have some information on appealing (asking for a review of) a Blue Badge decision here. Which says: 

Respond to your decision letter

Your council will explain in writing why they refused your application.

All councils have slightly different review processes - for example, some will include a form with your letter to be completed and returned, and others will ask you to write your own letter. It’s best to follow their instructions.

Reply to the address given on the letter.

What to write

Your letter will explain why your application was rejected.

Write back, asking for a review of the decision.

Explain why the reasons listed on your letter are wrong, in as much detail as you can.

Include any details you might have missed the first time. For example, if you have mobility problems, explain why using parking meters is painful or why it’s difficult for you to walk very far to get from your car to a shop.

Include scans, copies or photographs of any evidence you have, for example:

• a letter from your doctor, physiotherapist or another medical expert
    • proof of your address, such as energy or council tax bills - if your local authority don’t think you really live in the area
    • proof of your identity with your picture on it, such as a passport - if your council doesn’t believe you’re the person you say you are
    Read our advice on applying for a Blue Badge if you’re not sure what to write - it’ll help you give the right information about your condition.

When you’ll get a response will depend on your local council - you can phone and check if you need to know how long it will take.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ricky69
    Thankyou for your information.  I will do that and thanks again.

Brightness