Is10 Form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is10 Form

Monstermunch1310
Monstermunch1310 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi does anybody know which is the right address in which I need to post my is10 form off please ? thanks a lot  regards monstermunch

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You will need to ring and ask them because all areas are different. To be honest the quickest way to claim for the SDP is to ring DWP and ask to fill out the form over the phone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Monstermunch1310
    Hi Poppy thanks very much will do  have sent the form before registered post but no reply. I’ve looked on other sites and it seems as this is quite common as quite slot off people have sent this form but no one has got a response. I did get back payment for esa3 form. And I believe I got told to then fill out a  is10 form on this site ? Many thanks
  • Monstermunch1310
    Hi Poppy is this correct if I have received esa3 back pay then can I fill out the is10 form ? Many thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    The IS10 form is to claim for the severe disability premium (SDP) to be entitled to this you must be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care. You must live alone or be classed as living alone and no one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you.

If you live with a partner then you partner must also be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • frank96
    frank96 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    I've been on the phone all week to esa over an is10 that had been received a month ago now but due to the virus the DWP doesn't deem SDP to be a priority at the moment they may have received your forms and just not processed it but I highly doubt they will fill out the is10 form over the phone. My case had been on 3 escellations and I was promised callbacks within the day, few hours, hour. Still no call back that side of the DWP is either off sick or dealing with the millions of UC claims. I'm owed 11k and could really do with that in the bank for peace of mind during lockdown. Stay safe anyway 
  • Monstermunch1310
    Hi Frank thanks for the information I might try!!!!! And give them a call  many thanks. Stay safe
  • frank96
    Just out of curiosity did you have any luck with receiving any backdated funds? I've still not heard an update from esa despite calling weekly and this going on for months 
  • Monstermunch1310
    Hi Frank when I rang them they said my form had been sent to as a updated claim dept and not backdated. So sent form again this with the advisor I spoke to emailed the correct dept to tell them not to send it again but to send it as it’s for backdating and that I should receive a phone call in a couple of days which never came so I shall give it a few more days for a letter if not I shall call them again
  • frank96
    Im fairly certain that there isn't anybody dealing with this at the DWP due to the pandemic and although I can understand why backdated premiums aren't top priority for the DWP they're certainly my personal priority. I've gone through every escalation process they have and still nobody has called me back. Fingers crossed for you anyway mate give us a shout on here if you get yours through anytime soon

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.