Bored Knitters looking for a little excitement for the next 5 weeks — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bored Knitters looking for a little excitement for the next 5 weeks

TeaCosyFolk
TeaCosyFolk Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
An exciting new knitting project starts on the 13th of April to help knitters during isolation; a mystery tea cosy knit along. Every week I shall be sending out a part of a knitting pattern that the knitters make, and at the end of 5 weeks they will have a stunning tea cosy. But no one knows what the tea cosy will look like till they have made it - thats why its a mystery. 

There is more information about it here https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mystery-tea-cosy-knit-along I thought it would be a nice way to lighten the mood, connect people and divert the boredom. I'm doing it for free - it's just a bit of fun. We have over 700 people on board to join in and knit. I wondered if any knitters here would be interested in joining in?

Many Thanks
Suzy
Tagged:

Comments

• TeaCosyFolk
    edited April 2020
    Hello, 

Ruth suggested that I sign up to the online community because I have some news for anyone who enjoys knitting. But First let me introduce myself. My name is Suzy Cowper and I'm a knitting pattern designer. I have designed patterns for a few years now and I have about 200 knitting pattern designs - you can see them here www.tescosyfolk.co.uk 

To help knitters during isolation I have devised a mystery tea cosy knit along. Every week I shall be sending out a part of a knitting pattern that the knitters make, and at the end of 5 weeks they will have a stunning tea cosy. But no one knows what the tea cosy will look like till they have made it - thats why its a mystery. 

I have more information about it here https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mystery-tea-cosy-knit-along I thought it would be a nice way to lighten the mood, connect people and divert the boredom. I'm doing it for free - it's just a bit of fun. I already have nearly 700 people on board to join in and knit. I wondered if any knitters here would be interested in joining in?

Many Thanks
    Suzy
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TeaCosyFolk - Welcome to the community, & thank you very much for joining, Suzy. I'm no longer a knitter due to joint problems, but am sure your info & links would certainly help a lot of others. What a great idea! 
    I think this would be great for our 'virtual' Coffee Lounge: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge   & also to add to this link: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/70200/quirky-things-to-do-today#latest

• TeaCosyFolk
    Thank you chiarieds I'll do that :D 
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @TeaCosyFolk -  A huge welcome and thank you for sharing your knitting idea. We are all finding ways to come together and this is a wonderful idea. It will be interesting to see the end result. Happy Knitting :)
  • TeaCosyFolk
    Thank you Abdi :smile:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @TeaCosyFolk, it's great to have you on the community. Thanks for sharing your mystery KAL with us, what a great idea to keep people connected. 

I noticed you may have made an error when linking to your website. Did you mean www.teacosyfolk.co.uk? I can update your original post if so. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TeaCosyFolk and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  This is a wonderful idea and thank you for posting it.  A great way for people to come together in this difficult time.  I knit, but I'm not that good, but am really interested in this and would be happy to join in.  Will have a look at your link for further info, thanks.  I love my tea so knitting a tea cosy would be right up my street!  

I look forward to seeing you on the forum and hope you enjoy your time with us.  Thanks for joining.  If we can be of any help to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for this @TeaCosyFolk! This sounds like such a lovely idea!!!
    Scope

Brightness