Life during lockdown — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Life during lockdown

Stickman
Stickman Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi

I hope everyone is doing OK during this Lockdown.  How is everyone coping with it?

I am certainly fed up of being stuck indoors, but there are things to stay positive. 

I have an exercise bench with leg curl/leg extension attachment and do a workout every day to keep in shape.  Apart from this I do stretches, exercises to strengthen my core muscles and I also have an exercise bike.

I find it difficult to get shopping at a time like this as all supermarkets have got certain restrictions in place, but again, there are a lot of places I have discovered through the internet, these are: -

Oakhouse foods for frozen food, frozen veg and frozen desserts
Onlinecoffeesupplies for coffee
Pact Coffee for coffee beans
Ebay possibly for milk and toiletries
Amazon Pantry
Just Natural for tea bags and porridge

Just thought I'd share this with you.

Stay safe.

Comments

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Hi @Stickman

Absolutely, it is difficult with the lockdown, however when possible doing things like keeping in touch with people by phone/online, exercising or adapting exercises, taking up new interests or hobbies will help us get through this.

Thanks for the shopping links they will be useful!
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I have just been shopping. It was unbelievable I had to que for 10 minutes to get into the supermarket.  Then there was a que halfway round the shop to pay for your shopping. I have now got to wait until 7pm to get my shopping delivered. I don't usually get stressed when I go shopping but I did today!
  • neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Hello all, 
    This is everyday life for me so I am coping well.

It is nice to have company the house is empty when they are at school and college.

My children however are having a hard time. Thank God we have a Garden.

There are loads of things to do.
    I have been drawing and painting when I have energy.

My little ones organised a karaoke night and film night.

My children are truly entertaining ?

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I am missing going to my social clubs...MS, Chit Chat for 60+ and the hospice for therapies like reiki and reflexology and craft sessions.

But my sewing machine is aching for time off!
    Pollsx

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

Hi @stickman - this is why this community is so great we just keep sharing. 

It’s useful to know extra info for food as many are struggling with getting a delivery shop. 

Deliveroo are also offering basic delivery of some basic goods with a delivery charge. Morrisons, Coop, M & S and some local store. 

You can download the app to see what is available in your local area.

• Stickman
    edited April 2020
    I had a delivery from Iceland the other day (the supermarket NOT the country!).  It's good to know everyone's OK.  And it's horrible been stuck indoors.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Anyone clapping tonight? 
  • Stickman
    edited April 2020
    I clapped yesterday - Thursday 9th April.  Did anyone else clap?

• Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Deliveroo have started delivering food Marks & Spencer local garages, Co-op and I believe other stores. Check deliveroo website, check if they deliver in your are if they do click on groceries, will display list of local shops - delivery may be within as little as half an hour. 
    Heinz are also starting on-line shop currently only beans, soup and spaghetti looking to add further items shortly.
    Hope helps someone.
    Keep safe.
  • Stickman
    edited April 2020
    Also, when you buy something from the supermaket ie bread, butter, eggs etc, look on the packet.  There will possibly be a website address on there.  If you log noto that website then you may be able to order food direct.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Life is good. This week I have been getting the kids to learn about Alice in Wonderland using the books and films as my starting point. We have also completed a unit study on it today as well. 
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I got an e-mail from Tesco today saying the government ( Holyrood) has given my name as one of the " shielded" ( also my shielded number) ..which means I can get a " quicker than usual at the moment" delivery from them ...and a quicker delivery from my local pharmacy if i required  ?
  • deb74
    Hi all. Have had the dreaded virus. Fortunatley only mild symptoms. After it was over I felt fine for a couple of days and then I had an ME relapse. It only lasted for a couple of days and then I was fine again for a few days. Then came another relapse and nearly a week later I still haven't recovered. I didn't feel too bad yesterday so I went shopping because I hadn't a hope in hell of getting an online delivery. I am paying the price now though but at least I have enough food to last me for a couple of weeks!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear you have been unwell @deb74! And that it has impacted your ME as well. I hope you are resting up and taking care of yourself.
    Scope

• deb74
    Thanks Chloe_scope. I am still feeling completely wiped out but I am resting as best I can today!  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not surprised @deb74, take it easy. There is no rush.
    Scope

• deb74
    Thanks Chloe_Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you feel better soon @deb74:smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to read this @deb74 - Get well soon. :)
  • deb74
    Hi @chiarieds. Thanks. I keep waking up every morning thinking I feel ok today and then I realise I am not ok. Hopefully I will be back to normal soon.

Brightness