Pip award before assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award before assessment

lisak20
lisak20 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
WHAT WOULD YOU DO??  IF YOU FOUND OUT YOUR PIP AWARD WAS MADE BY DWP BEFORE YOUR ACTUAL ASSESSMENT??

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Has this happened? seems unlikely as your applications goes to the HCP's before it goes to the DWP??
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• lisak20
    SORRY MY REPLIES ARE LATE!!  IT WASNT A PAPER ASSESSMENT MIKE IT WAS A FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENT.
  • suzannah17
    suzannah17 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    lisak20 said:
    SORRY MY REPLIES ARE LATE!!  IT WASNT A PAPER ASSESSMENT MIKE IT WAS A FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENT.
    What was your decision? Did u end up going for the F2F? Maybe they sent you a F2F letter by accident
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisak20, what makes you believe that the decision was made before? I hope we can get things sorted. :)
    Scope

• lisak20
    The outcome wasnt good ive asked for it too be looked at again,  pip informed my legacy benefit that there was a change in my circumstances that was a week before my assessment my legacy benefit sent me a letter informing me of this but I put it away without opening it till about 6 weeks later that's when I noticed what had happened I havent informed pip of this as I think I shouldn't of received the letter when I did .
  • lisak20
    Hi Mike,  hope you dont mind me asking but, Do you work for the DWP by any chance?
  • lisak20
    SORRY MY RESPONSE IS LATE AS I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST I HAD A F2F ASSESSMENT NOT!!! A PAPER 0NE.. I RECEIVED A LETTER A WEEK PRIOR TO F2F ASSESSMENT OFF MY LEGACY BENEFIT TELLING ME THAT DUE TOO A CHANGE IN MY CIRCUMSTANCES MY PAYMENTS WOULD BE CHANGING THE LETTER NEVER SAID WHY THIS WAS, I HAD FORGOTTEN TOO OPEN THIS LETTER TILL ABOUT 6 WEEKS LATER I PHONED MY LEGACY BENEFIT ASKING WHY MY PAYMENTS HAD CHANGED I NEVER MENTIONED THE LETTER TOO THEM, THEY SAID IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS NO LONGER RECEIVING ENHANCED CARE OF PIP SO THE PREMIUM HAD BEEN STOPPED THAT WAS THE CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES THE LETTER I HAD RECEIVED A WEEK PRIOR TO F2F ASSESSMENT WAS OBVIOUSLY ABOUT 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.