ESA payment late — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA payment late

spongeeluv
spongeeluv Community member Posts: 2 Listener
i was due my E.S.A today. So i rang them at 10 am. today.got through 74 minute later..i spoke to someone..they said there was a problem processing payment and they would pay it into my account in a few hours..5 hours and 40 minutes later..still no funds. I've always been paid on time. I have no assessments or forms to fill out. My E.S.A has been on going for ten years or more. I'ts important i receive my funds because i am disabled..and i need to take my medication with food. My predicament is bad..but theses days my situation is minor compared to some. I almost feel guilty expressing my concerns on my lack of food and essentials when people are fighting for their lives.Never the less i will have to wait like the majority of people have to do..because of this life threatening..life changing virus.. 
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Hi @spongeeluv - Welcome to the community. Unfortunately quite a few of our members have not received their ESA benefits on time recently, so I'm sorry to read you're going through this too. We know how important our benefits are to us all, so don't feel bad about expressing your concerns. Hopefully it will be paid before the end of today. :)
    Please let us know how you get on, & you're also most welcome to chat here any time. It's a good community to belong too, perhaps more especially at this time, & you'll find we're friendly & supportive. :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @spongeeluv and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't received your ESA benefit on time and can appreciate how upsetting this must be.  I hope you get it paid soon and as @chiarieds has already said, please let us know how you get on.  We are all here to support you on the forum.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @spongeeluv, how are you getting on?
    Scope

• bambi2020
    bambi2020 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    hello everyone I too havnt been paid I havnt slept all night worrying and rang at 7 only tofind out they dontt open there lines until 9.30am , im too stressed about this , I have recently had a pip assessement over the phone and am still waiting a decision but even so if declined it shouldn't effet my esa should it ? as I was already on esa before I got pip so surly they will only stop the premium I got ? has this happened to anyone else x
  • spongeeluv
    spongeeluv Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    both P.I.P and E.S.A are two different funding bodies. One benefit wont affect another. Three things can happen at a assessment...they pay you enhanced rate mobility/ or standard rate. They give you enhanced rate or standard when it comes to looking after your self...or they can not award it. Either way you will have o appeal it..and again if need be. Most people think it will affect their E.S.A benefit whether awarded P.I.P or not. Be patient..and see it through especially if you are entitled to it. Not forgetting the extra money for being single living alone as a disabled person. No news is usually good news..although assessments can take up to ten months sometimes.and longer..depending on paperwork literature and administration.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    It could be tomorrows bank holiday has skewed payments for some, although in reallity it should mean those being paid Friday 08/05 should be paid today, if you have made contact about a missing payment they are usually quite good and make a manual(or as they call it clerical) payment same day,

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lfcphillip
    Lfcphillip Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I never received my payment too was due yesterday called up and they said it was clerical promised my it would be in yesterday and it didn’t happen promised me today and nothing don’t know what I’m going to do over the weekend I’m on the shielding list so can’t go out either ?feel so bad moaning about it too☹️
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lfcphillip hi and welcome to scope, i'm not sure if they can make a payment on a bank holiday, you might now have to wait 'til Monday for the clerical payment to be actioned, have you got someone who can help?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Rustydarkstone_80
    Rustydarkstone_80 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Im in the same boat today i get paid every two weeks on a Friday like clockwork and today the 8th i should of been paid or been paid a day early aka the 7th cos bank holiday but nope not been paid, this has never happened to me before so was very anxious, luckily i had some savings in my account to pay food shopping delivery that came this morning or i wud of been screwed cos im also classed as vunerable and have been totally isolated for nearly 9 weeks and my regular food deliveries is only thing i rely on.... Its so naughty for them to do this, i can only assume its a major error because of the weirdness of having a Friday as a bank holiday, im hoping it will be appear tomorrow or Monday but if not i will be calling them thats for sure.... This is why i always save a bit of cash wherever i can cos of errors like this, it can drop u right in the pan..  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.