Explain ESA85A — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Explain ESA85A

Options
Mooly
Mooly Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hi I need some help with this please, I received an ESA85A Medical Report Form, would I have had a face to face assessment with a Health Care Profesional to get this? thanx

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mooly - The answer is no. The ESA85a is the Health Care Professional's report when you haven't needed a Work Capability Assessment (WCA). If you have a WCA, it's an ESA85. Hope this explains. :)
  • Mooly
    Mooly Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    That explains a lot, I was moved to the support group and as I had fought and failed to get into the support group on 3 previous occasions I requested a written statement of reason, what I received was an ESA85A saying I was moved to the support group on the evidence considered from 2018,2017 and 2013 this is the 3 occasion's I had been refused. So I requested they backdate my support group rate to 2013, To which I received a letter saying I was moved to the support group after my most recent assessment by a Health care professional..I knew I never had that assessment, Thank you,  the fight goes on
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great news about being moved to the support group @Mooly and best of luck with the fight for backdating to 2013. 
    I'm glad @chiarieds was able to help with your query regarding the forms.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.