My ESA wasn’t paid in. Has this happened to anyone else? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My ESA wasn’t paid in. Has this happened to anyone else?

bambi2020
bambi2020 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hello everyone I hope someone can help , I was due to be paid esa today but it hasn't been paid into my account has this happened to anyone else x

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @bambi2020 and welcome to the community. I’m glad you found us!

I hope this hasn’t worried you too much. We’ve seen this happen a few times lately but if you give them a call (0800 169 0310), it’ll hopefully just be a payment error and they should be able to make a same day payment to you instead. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Rustydarkstone_80
    Rustydarkstone_80 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Its happened to me today i usually get paid on a Friday every two weeks but no money paid in today and non paid in yesterday, i think the Friday bank holiday has messed up the system for some... Hope u get yours sorted asap
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Rustydarkstone_80 and @bambi2020. Did you both receive your ESA in the end? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Rustydarkstone_80
    Hello @Rustydarkstone_80 and @bambi2020. Did you both receive your ESA in the end? 
    Hello no not been paid in today either, got to ring them at 9.30am and see whats going down, so annoying

Best wishes 
  • lesleyalex1
    lesleyalex1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I've tried to phone about ESA not being paid in and just can't get through. Have been on hold for up to an hour and a half before giving up! Anyone else having the same problem?

• Rustydarkstone_80
    I called this morning at 9.30am and got thru strsight away i wasnt even on hold, its an error and in my case my money will be in after midnight tonight....  The system didnt push it thru or someat when it was supposed to, she did say she can send it me now if I wanted it, i was like no just leave it to go in by itself... In my view the dwp should send out nationwide alerts to people if there is a system error to prevent all the unnecessary fear and anxiety it puts people thru 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lesleyalex1 and welcome to the community! Were you able to get through to them?
    Scope

• davet
    davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    it has happened to me a number of times in the past, however after ringing them they sort it out pretty quickly sometimes a payment is made the same day if you ring them early enough but generally the next day I have never had a realistic explanation why the original payment was not paid the usual excuse is it was an error
  • lesleyalex1
    lesleyalex1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes Chloe I got through eventually and it’s sorted for now, thanks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.