Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display?

Grinchy
Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
edited July 2023 in Coffee lounge
So i'm a massive Star Wars fan, i remember going to see the first movie back in the seventies when i was a little boy, it really touched a nerve, and all through my childhood abuse, it kept me going, no matter how bad it got i always knew Luke and the gang would be there for me, so onto the room, a few years ago my Daughter moved out to go to Uni, so that meant the box room was free, so i got a few cabinets and got to work filling them
i have a leather recliner chair in there and when things get bad or i'm in pain, i go in there and chill out, really helps me, yes i'm a nerd, but thats not a bad thing
heres my view from the recliner

anyone else have a room they can relax in, can be anything, music/ library/ other

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow that is really cool!!
  • Grinchy
    thank you, glad you like the cave! :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    That is fab, @Grinchy! You have a great collection there!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Grinchy
    Thank you @Ails, its my peacefull place, i do love it 
  • Ails
    You are welcome, @Grinchy.  We all need a peaceful place to retreat to when times get tough.  For me it's the bedroom when my hubby becomes annoying, lol!  I like sitting on my bed with the cat on my lap.  :smile:
  • Grinchy
    Yes i agree your own space is very nice sometimes, we had our dog sandy until we had to have her put down last year, here i am with her, i loved her and it was hard to say goodbye

do you have any pics of your cat?
  • Ails
    Aww, Sandy is gorgeous, @grinchy.  I'm so sorry to hear of your loss as it is very hard when we lose a pet.  I'm sure Sandy brought you many years of joy.  Yes, I don't need any excuse to share pics of my cat, Christy.  She is my wee fur baby and so spoilt!  Here she is -

• Grinchy
    Thank you @Ails, yes it hit us very hard she came down with a sudden infection and within minutes of getting to the vets it was all over, i don't mind telling you i cried my leg off, she was nearly 11, your cat Christy looks lovely, i bet she is a character, love her colouring
  • Ails
    Aww that is so sad, @Grinchy.  It is devastating when they go as often it is so sudden so no wonder you were in bits.  When I was younger and still living with my parents, we had 2 Dalmatians, William and Oscar, and it was heartbreaking when each of them had to be put to sleep at age 13 as their back ends were going and they couldn't walk.  I remember being at work when Oscar went and I was in floods of tears and had to be sent home early I was so upset!  

Thank you for your kind comments about Christy.  Yes, she is a rescue cat and is aged 7.  Yes, a lot of people like her colouring, thanks.  She is a real diva, very sweet natured, but knows her own mind and if she doesn't want to do something she won't do it.  A lot of people think having a cat is less bother than a dog, certainly not in Christy's case as she is hard work at times, as she is a house cat, but we love her dearly and wouldn't be without her!  :smiley:
  • Grinchy
    Aww, she sounds lovely @Ails, i like cats but the wife is allergic, both my daughters have cats and they love them, thanks for your nice comments about Sandy, appreciate it 
  • Ails
    Thank you, @Grinchy.  That is a shame your wife is allergic to cats, but nice that your daughters have cats and love them.  They make good companions.  Yes, Sandy is lovely!  :smile:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Grinchy - Wow, I'm impressed with your Star Wars room! We used to do car boots many years ago, & used to sell many of the figures & vehicles....I recognize some you have!
    Here's my spare bedroom. My joiner sort of got used to me after he'd fitted me a new kitchen, which had to have a bookcase for my cookery, gardening & art books. So when I said I would like a day bed (with another bed on castors hidden underneath) with a bookcase at one end, he just said 'of course'. Then he added me a shelf above each window. More books on top of the storage unit he built me too.
    I also have 2 stacking bookcases, which my son has mainly taken over + more of his books in boxes, which seem to have taken up residence! At least I get to borrow them..... :)

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to read about you losing your little dog Sandy. I have 3 grandchildren, & a granddog. That's my son's dog, who is a little Bedlington terrier. I often looked after him whilst my son was working before this pandemic. I miss him, but don't think my cat does! :)
  • Grinchy
    Wow @chiarieds that's a great room, lots of storage very nice, thanks for your nice comments regarding Sandy, with three grandchildren and a grandog you have your hands full!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's an incredible room there @Grinchy. I really like the textures on the Falcon. Do you have a favourite piece of memorabilia?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Grinchy
    Hey @Adrian_Scope, thanks glad you like the room, my favourite piece is the falcon, i repainted it to look weathered and worn, it comes in a flat grey plastic, but i felt like it should look dirty, cheers
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Grinchy said:
    Hey @Adrian_Scope, thanks glad you like the room, my favourite piece is the falcon, i repainted it to look weathered and worn, it comes in a flat grey plastic, but i felt like it should look dirty, cheers
    Definitely looks better dirty. It's supposed to be a bucket of bolts after all. Love it. Thanks for sharing.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Grinchy
    Hey @66Mustang, thats a cool pinboard, sounds like you have a nice car collection to, i had most of my collection in storage before my daughter left, nice to finally show it
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow, my husband would be jealous! We are avid superhero fans, mainly Marvel, but husband does love Star Wars!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness