Im Back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Im Back

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi all

I'm back on the community after a long absence due to unexpected issues with my vision which is now very much improved. Hoping to be around more now I can actually see to read and type, 

Hope you are all coping with the lockdown and the challenges it is bringing to everyone and fingers crossed the new measures can give us all a bit more to look forward to. 

It has been a real challenge dealing with vision loss and home schooling but on a positive note at least my son has been around to help me with daily tasks.

How is everyone be nice to hear from you  
Tagged:

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi. I`m so pleased for you that your vision has now improved.

I think of all the disabilities I would cope with least, is loss of vision. But it is amazing how people do cope. The use of seeing dogs is truly wonderful!

Lockdown is a pain, but better than to be out unnecessarily and possibly spreading the virus, eh?

I haven't been out for 46 days...but I am lucky in that I have a lovely garden to get a few days of sun.

I am also sewing for charities.

Keep safe. xx
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    It is good to have you back.

I also am of the same opinion as Pollyanna. My mind sometimes wanders to odd places and one thing is that I sometimes try to think if there is any disability I would NOT trade my main problem for. The only one I can think of, apart from total paralysis, is vision loss. It is indeed amazing how people manage to cope with it. I really respect you for keeping going, as I certainly wouldn't be able to.

On a more positive note I am glad to hear your vision is improved enough to use the computer and I hope it continues to improve. :) Good to hear your son has been able to help you as well.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome back.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome back @janer1967
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome back from me to @janer1967!  Sorry to hear you had issues with your vision as that must have seemed awful!  Glad to hear your vision is much better now though.  It's good to have you back on the forum and glad your son has been helping you.  I hope you are keeping safe and well during lock-down.  It is challenging times though for everyone, but glad some measures have been eased a little for you down South.  Up here in Scotland we are still in lock-down for another 3 weeks at least, although people can go out for exercise now more than once a day.  I have managed to get out now and again to the local shop for groceries on my mobility scooter and enjoy going out into the garden as the weather has been lovely at times.  

Great to hear from you again anyway and have a lovely weekend!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's so good to have you back. You've been missed. :smile:
    I hope you managed to have a good weekend (or at least what passes for one at the moment!) and I can't wait to see you around. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks to everyone for your kind words and welcome back. 

It has been a very scary experience and certainly makes me value what sight I have even more now, I was already blind in one eye and then had several severe hemorrhage in my good eye causing acute vision loss.

I couldn't even see the face of my most precious son.

The NHS have been amazing and its down to them I now can see again so goes to prove they are not only dealing with this nasty Covid.

GREAT TO BE BACK WITH YOU ALL 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,622 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @janer1967. So nice to see you back and glad things are better for you. Hope you have a lovely day with your son.

Brightness