Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Star wars man cave, anyone else collect things and have a room to display?

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @Ami2301, i do enjoy the marvel movies to, but my first love is star wars, glad you like the room
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I collect picture programmes from the shows I have seen at the theatre. Such a lovely reminder, especially since all the shows I was seeing this year have been cancelled! 
    Scope

• Grinchy
    Hey @Chloe_Scope, thats cool, my son is studying musical theatre, and has various programes from shows he has seen, it is a shame about all the various cancelled shows, we will be back to normal eventually i'm sure
  • Chloe_Scope
    That's amazing @Grinchy! I imagine that is really interesting to learn about. :)
    Scope

• alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    @Grinchy your collection is incredibly impressive! I'm glad you enjoy it so much. You must forgive me though I have never watched the films! I keep meaning too, Sci-Fi is one of my favourite genres. I'm a definite Trekkie so worried I won't have room in my heart for Star Wars too. Which film should I watch first? I'll keep you posted on what I think when I see it. 

@chiarieds that day bed looks like heaven to me! All those books  <3

@66Mustang my dad loves single malt whiskey too! I recognise a lot of those brands. Have you been up to the Highlands to visit the distilleries? 

@Chloe_Scope I cant wait to start visiting theatres and watching shows. It's one of my top goals when its safe to go out again. What is your favourite programme/show? 

I've struggled with making my house a home through anxiety so I started picking up nice bits from places I've travelled to or visited as physical reminders of the good memories, for example, I have a little Troll sitting on a shelf from Norway which always makes me smile. I am doing up my spare room/office and in there I want to have a collection of pretty covered hardback versions of my favourite books. Little Women shall be my first purchase and take pride of place when all the decorating is done. I've grown to realise these physical items can have a  positive impact on my mental health so am embracing it  <3

• Chloe_Scope
    My favourite show would have to be Hamilton or Wicked! @alieshia what would yours be?
    Scope

• Grinchy
    @Alishia glad you like the room, i would suggest watching the original three movies from the seventies and eighties, starting with star wars a new hope, those are what started it all and our my favourites, i love trek to! just working my way through next gen on bluray, 
  • alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    @Chloe_Scope I really want to see Wicked! 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    alieshia said:

@66Mustang my dad loves single malt whiskey too! I recognise a lot of those brands. Have you been up to the Highlands to visit the distilleries? 

No I haven't but that's a trip I really want to make, along with visiting The Highland Chocolatier (look him up!)! :smiley: Have you or your dad been to the distilleries and if so what are they like?
  • Chloe_Scope
    alieshia said:
    @Chloe_Scope I really want to see Wicked! 
    It was amazing @alieshia!! Have you listened to the soundtrack?
    Scope

• AvsNutWhalley
    AvsNutWhalley Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    I collect sports memorbilla. I like US sports and English football. I collect cards equipment and Jeresys 
  • Grinchy
    Hey @AvsNutWhalley, would love to see your collection, feel free to add any pics here
  • Grinchy
    So i tidied around today and did some dusting, with most of the collection behind glass it doesn't get to bad, but still needs a clean

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    It all looks great, @grinchy!  Does it take you long to clean it all?  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Grinchy
    Thanks @Ails, it takes a couple of hours, i don't mind, keeps me busy
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh that's great!  You have done a fab job of it!  It reminds me that I really need to get around to clearing out my display cabinet and dusting it and all my ornaments.  Needs must!   :p
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Grinchy
    Thank you, i enjoy pottering around in my room, any excuse really, lol, good luck on cleaning your cabinet
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Hey @Grinchy, I am a huge Star Wars fan, I wish I kept my stuff. You have a great collection there!

In terms of collecting, I collect old arcade game boards which I hook up to a TV. I also loved the original Star Wars arcade game made in 1983 by Atari, I am not sure if you have played or heard of it? Anyway while I don't have it yet I am looking to get this licensed replica at some point this year for my game collection.
    https://arcade1up.com/products/star-wars

• Grinchy
    Hey @M_Anthony glad to see another fan, glad you like the collection, your collection sounds interesting, i do indeed remember the original star wars game, many happy memories playing it, it was a brilliant game, i've seen the new arcade cabinet, not seen it available over here, hope you get one
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Looks like there's a bit of a story going on in that bottom picture involving Darth Vader and the (lazy?) rebel trooper @Grinchy!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness