Chin up and smile — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chin up and smile

Uncommon_name
Uncommon_name Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hey all. Do people read these intro posts? I never know what to write. Having a bit of a low day if I’m honest and thought instead of browsing from the shadows I’d make an account and brave posting. 
It can be a pretty lonely world and I’m hoping maybe talking here will help.

Anyway, enough moping from me! Time to lift my chin up and smile!  ? 

Comments

• alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    I’m here and reading! *waves* I’m glad you clicked the join button and look forward to getting to know you ?
  • Uncommon_name
    Aww hi Alieshia. Glad someone read my waffling, hehe. 
    Nice to meet you! How are you? 
    It has been so bright and sunny today you could almost forget the crazy times we’re going through. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uncommon_name and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and have you on board!  Thank you for joining us and yes. people certainly do read the intro posts, but don't worry, it's quite common not to know what to write for your first post, I was the same when I first joined.  So sorry to hear you are having a low day today.  It is very challenging times we are living in just now and we are all feeling a bit out of sorts at the moment so you won't be alone.  However, it's fab that you have taken the brave step to post and become part of our lovely Community.  

We are a friendly bunch of people on here and everyone loves a chat on this forum so you will be in very good company and yes, talking definitely does help to cheer us up so please feel free to chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here to chat to.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you find interesting.  A good place to start chatting and to meet people is our virtual Coffee Lounge where we chat about our pets. hobbies, books, movies, etc and we have some fun games on there too!  The forum is a great place to meet new friends too and I have met some wonderful people myself on here.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and find it a useful place to be.  I look forward to seeing you around here.

If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @aleishia and welcome to the Community also.  It is nice to meet you and I hope you are well.  Please also familiarise yourself with the site and join in any discussions that you fancy.  If we can also be of any help to you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uncommon_name welcome to the scope community we're a friendly bunch, hope you're feeling a bit better tomorrow
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Uncommon_name
    Thank you Ails! It’s good to know I’m not the only one that felt this way when starting out on here. It’s a bit nerve-wrecking to be honest. I’m definitely going to head around the coffee lounge as it seems the safest place to start 
  • Uncommon_name
    Thanks Woodbine, me too! My mental health has taken a bit of a beating lately and it’s not ever been great. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day
  • alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Aww hi Alieshia. Glad someone read my waffling, hehe. 
    Nice to meet you! How are you? 
    It has been so bright and sunny today you could almost forget the crazy times we’re going through. 
    I'm really good thank you. I've been soaking up a bit of extra vitamin D in the garden today.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uncommon_name - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. Yes, we certainly do read the intro posts & understand it can be a bit daunting to write one, so well done you.
    The 'Coffee lounge' is great, but you can join in with any discussion; we're really all very friendly. I hope you enjoy being part of this great community. It helps a lot of us just to chat here, so I hope you will join in too. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uncommon_name Another welcome to the community from me. Will be great to see you around and don't think you are waffling its great to hear from everyone. 

You have no worries about joining the community its really friendly and the majority of time there is always someone around to chat to or answer any queries    
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Uncommon_name :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Uncommon_name! How are you feeling today?
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Well done for taking the plunge @Uncommon_name. I'm always nervous before I make my first post anywhere, so I'm glad you were brave enough to do it.
    Give us a shout if we can do anything, or if you need any help and see you around soon. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness