Hi, my name is Cruella_loves_spots! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Cruella_loves_spots!

Cruella_loves_spots
Cruella_loves_spots Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi!
 I am Elle - I have NF1, degenerative disc disease in 2 places in my spine, pigment dispersion syndrome in my eyes, IBS, depression and anxiety
But I get up and hit life hard

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Elle and welcome to scope, how are you today? enjoying the good weather?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cruella_loves_spots
    Hello
    It's a lovely one up here in Scotland,

• EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hi Elle
    Welcome to the friendly online community!!!

You have a lot going on but a FAB outlook on life!
    Do have a look around our pages have a look at the discussions in our coffee lounge  or if it is advice you're after there are lots of pages depending on your concerns.

How is your anxiety since lock down??

its a beauty of a day here in Leeds too :)
    Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
  • Cruella_loves_spots
    I am a front line worker - my days haven't changed much,
    Working in care keeps me going- Children's home is fun , got wee peeps to keep happy :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cruella_loves_spots and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet a fellow Scot.  Yes, we are getting lovely weather here and glad you are enjoying it too.  You seem very spirited and determined and we love that on the Community!  I'm sure you do a wonderful job in care.  I like your username by the way.  I take it that it's from Cruella De Ville?  Do you like the film 101 Dalmatians?

I hope you enjoy your time with us here on the Community as we are a friendly bunch of people so please chat to us anytime.  I look forward to seeing you around.  If there is anything we can do to help/support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Cruella_loves_spots
    Its a family nickname, we all have them lol. I have a little pie-bald staffy princess so its comic gold,
    I am studying to be a nurse and have hit a few bumps in the road. I always have my friends backs though, You guys need to be cheered up- always up for a joke and banter to make you smile and cringe lol x
  • Ails
    Oh fab, I love the family nickname!  Your staff sounds really cute!  What is her name?  I have a cat, Christy.  A lot of us have pets on here which give us so much pleasure and we chat about them a lot on the Coffee Lounge and often share their pics too if you ever want to have a look.  

That's great you are studying to be a nurse, but sorry to hear that you have hit a few bumps in the road, but I'm sure you will get there in the end.  It's a really worthwhile job!  Lovely to hear you have good friends too.  Where would we be without them?!  

Oh yes, we are always up for being cheered up and having a laugh on here so your banter and a good joke will be really welcome.  We have a thread on the Coffee Lounge too where people are sharing jokes so you may want to post one there.  Anyway, lovely meeting you and I hope you enjoy it on here.  x  :smiley:
  • Cruella_loves_spots
    Myah , she is a wee gem, We rehomed her just in time for Santa Paws and you would think she has been here all her life,

She has her own insta - Myah_w0rld, keeps me amused as its from her point of view.
    Thank you for such a warm welcome x
  • Ails
    Oh Myah is a lovely name and I'm sure she is loving her home.  My cat is a rescue cat and we've had her nearly 6 years now.  Rescue pets make such great pets!  Oh that is wonderful she has her own Instagram page and I bet you it is really funny!  

You are very welcome.  Have a nice night!  x  :smiley:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cruella_loves_spots - Welcome to this friendly community, & thank you & Myah for joining. What great messages; it certainly sounds like you're fitting right in! It's lovely to read about the work that you do, & that you're studying to be a nurse. I wish you every success as I'm sure that you'll get there. I hope you may share a photo of Myah in our virtual 'Coffee lounge' as you're amongst a lot of animal lovers here. I've had my kitten for a year.....she was abandoned with her mum & brother near me, & they now have a new home together nearby.
    I look forward to hearing more from you. :)
  • EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    I am a front line worker - my days haven't changed much,
    Working in care keeps me going- Children's home is fun , got wee peeps to keep happy :)
    @Cruella_loves_spots that must be a really interesting role! Kids are great aren't they!!

how are they all coping during lockdown?? 
    Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
  • Cruella_loves_spots
    The kids are actually not to bad, We have routines and lots to do ,
    They are loving the company I think,

Brightness