Hi, my name is robertmooney! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is robertmooney!

robertmooney
robertmooney Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi. Not really sure what to put in here. What do people usually put?

Comments

• KarenO_Scope
    KarenO_Scope Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Hello @robertmooney welcome to the Online Community. I think people usually just say hello, and some say a little bit about themselves and any of their interests. I was lucky @Adrian_Scope did my introduction for me as I work for one of the family services in Scope :) Hope you are finding your way round, just ask if you need any help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertmooney Welcome to the community nice to have you on board.

There are no rules about your introduction just tell us anything you feel comfortable with or you don't have to tell us anything.

We are a friendly community here to support and give advice if needed or even just chat.

Maybe tell us a bit about yourself and ask any questions you have.

Have a look around the different sections the coffee lounge is a good place to start . Feel free to comment on any discussions or start a new one of your own.

I hope you enjoy being part of the community 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @robertmooney I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions. Welcome to the community. People usually introduce themselves, maybe put a little about themselves if they feel comfortable. You can also ask for assistance. if you have any queries that Scope may be able to help you with.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertmooney - Welcome to the community from me too. Well, everyone's said about introductions, so I'll just thank you for joining, & hope you enjoy being part of this friendly community. Please say if we can help/advise, & if you need any support we're all here for you. :)
  • robertmooney
    Okay then. A few things about me. I have epilepsy, hydrocephalus and dyspraxia but work for another disability charity of sorts, St John of God Hospitaller Services. It’s good but my mental health hasn’t been great recently, as I don’t have enough to move out and live in a village which is limiting in my independence. I guess I’m just having a bit of a tough time mental health wise
  • maddragon
    maddragon Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    hello i new here to 
  • emmarenshaw
    edited May 2020
    @robertmooney Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time at the moment, the community is here if you need any support. You can also phone Scope on  08088003333 or email helpline@scope.org.uk

• robertmooney
    I appreciate that. I think I’m just a bit sick of not having the independence and I accept we are in lockdown but at least I had the opportunity to go to work and get out for a bit before that. I’m now just working from home and the positive being I get to see my best friend for the first time since the lockdown tomorrow 
  • emmarenshaw
    @robertmooney I understand,  it’s hard. I’m glad you are able to see your friend tomorrow. Please let us know how you are getting on and if you need anything at all. We’re all here if you need us.
  • robertmooney
    Thanks. I’m getting there. Just reached a bit of a breaking point the other day 
  • maddragon
    maddragon Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    @robertmooney if you ever want to talk i am willing to listen as i have mental health problems myself
  • emmarenshaw
    @robertmooney I hope it gets easier for you. You can pop on here anytime, even if it’s just for a bit.
  • robertmooney
    Yes. Sorry. I sometimes just ramble on and rant. It gets it out my system 
  • robertmooney
    maddragon said:
    @robertmooney if you ever want to talk i am willing to listen as i have mental health problems myself
    That sounds great. Not sure how to talk directly besides on here though
  • emmarenshaw
    @robertmooney Oh no, you’re not ranting in the slightest. It’s what the community is here for.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertmooney and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and have you on board!  Thanks for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear you are finding lockdown so difficult.  It is a really challenging time for us all at the moment, but glad to hear that you are getting to see your best friend.  That will be nice.  Please don't think you are ranting as it is good to talk and get things off your chest and we are all here to listen and support you.  So please chat to us anytime you need us as there will always be someone on here to chat to.  Do you enjoy doing your charity work?  I hope you have been enjoying the good weather too.

I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and find it a useful place to be.  If we can help or support you with anything then please just say.  I look forward to seeing you on here.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ails
    Hi @maddragon and welcome to the Community too.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  I hope you are coping ok during this time.  If we can be of any help or support to you then please just let us know.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and I look forward to seeing you on here.  All the best.  :smile:
  • robertmooney
    Ails said:
    Hi @robertmooney and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and have you on board!  Thanks for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear you are finding lockdown so difficult.  It is a really challenging time for us all at the moment, but glad to hear that you are getting to see your best friend.  That will be nice.  Please don't think you are ranting as it is good to talk and get things off your chest and we are all here to listen and support you.  So please chat to us anytime you need us as there will always be someone on here to chat to.  Do you enjoy doing your charity work?  I hope you have been enjoying the good weather too.

I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and find it a useful place to be.  If we can help or support you with anything then please just say.  I look forward to seeing you on here.  All the best.  :smile:
    Hi. I do enjoy the work but it’s more stressful when it’s from home and I have college from home as well. I’m not enjoying the good weather as it’s been chucking it down here and we had a power cut for a few mins
  • Ails
    Hi @robertmooney, I'm glad to hear you enjoy your charity work, but can imagine it can be stressful doing it from home along with your college work.  What are you studying?  That's a shame it has been raining where you are and that you had a power cut.  I hope your power wasn't off for too long!  It has been raining the odd day where I live too, but on the whole it has been nice and sunny.  I hope you get better weather where you live soon.  :smile:
  • robertmooney
    Ails said:
    Hi @robertmooney, I'm glad to hear you enjoy your charity work, but can imagine it can be stressful doing it from home along with your college work.  What are you studying?  That's a shame it has been raining where you are and that you had a power cut.  I hope your power wasn't off for too long!  It has been raining the odd day where I live too, but on the whole it has been nice and sunny.  I hope you get better weather where you live soon.  :smile:
    Hi. The power was off for about 5 mins. Not too bad. I’m hoping for better weather tomorrow. I study Business Admin but have a social media content production role. It’s a bit draining at the moment, especially when I have college and the work I have to do for SJOG and I’m at home all the time and my computer is seriously slow recently

Brightness