Looking for a grant to help buy a laptop — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for a grant to help buy a laptop

Hammers22
Hammers22 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Can anyone help me to find a small grant to buy a laptop to help me to communicate with my peers and to enable me to open up factsheets sent to me from my CPN (community Psychiatric Nurse) to help me with my mental health. I am unable to work due to my physical health. I would very much appreciate it. 
Yours respectfully 
Hammers22 :) 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Hammers22 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thanks for sharing with us.

It is good to hear that you wish to buy a laptop to help you with your online needs at home.  I had a look online and found this factsheet which gives a list of charities who give grants to people and in particular, Turn2Us maybe a helpful one for you, if you want to have a look at the list - 

https://search3.openobjects.com/mediamanager/camden/cd/files/list_of_charities_and_grant_giving_organisations.pdf

Other than that, it maybe worthwhile asking your CPN if she knows of any charities, particularly ones who work with people with mental health issues, who can help you with a grant to buy a laptop.  Good luck with your search anyway and I hope you can find a suitable grant to get you your laptop.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on with this and if we can be of any help/support to you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Hammers22
    Hello Ails

Thank you very much for looking into my need of requiring a laptop for helping me to get through some of the useful information to aid my mental health recovery. I will look into the website you have found and I will also take your advice and speak to my CPN. It’s funny when think back when she told me to take a look at the literature, and said to her it’s difficult when you open some of the documents on my phone.
    Thank you once again.
    Yours respectfully 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem at all, @Hammers22.  I hope you manage to find a suitable charity to help you out and that your CPN can suggest something too.  Good luck with everything and please let us know how you get on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hammers22 - Welcome to the community. I'm sure the advice given by Ails will be helpful, particularly asking your CPN. Due to Covid-19, we're all even more reliant with online communication, so I hope very much that you're able to get a laptop to help you. :)
  • Hammers22
    Thank you Chairieds??
    Yours respectfully 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.