UC and back pay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC and back pay

Options
craky
craky Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi so on 9 April 2020 benefits entitlement was denied and on same date I asked for a mandatory reconsideration after a long wait on 21 May 2020 benefits entitlement was granted.

The question is will they back date the pay from when i first applied because of their wrongfully decision 2 months of entitlement went by and I missed out my entitlement.

Claim submitted on 19 Mar 2020

Comments

• alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    @craky Hello and welcome! I am doing some research now to try and find the answer to this. 
  • craky
    craky Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    alieshia said:
    @craky Hello and welcome! I am doing some research now to try and find the answer to this. 
    Hi and thanks for your help I also searched online but didn't find any concrete answers
  • alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    @craky theoretically it should be paid back, all the other benefits are but I know UC breaks the mould in some areas so I don't want to speak out of turn.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @craky. Congratulations on a successful MR. Can I ask on what grounds did they deny your original application? If the original application has now been allowed, it's my understanding that they would now have to pay you any monies owed for the period from 19th March 2020.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.