Making new friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making new friends

Lauren95
Lauren95 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
Hello everyone am new here my name is Lauren . I have mild to medium  cp and am 24 years  And I would love to make new friends that are like me. Like most people am off work, due to the Coronavirus, but possibly meet in person after lockdown.  I love animals and nature and reading.. 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Lauren95! Welcome to Scope. Do you wish to tell us more about yourself or not? What sort of things do you like reading? Feel free to look around the site and contribute to discussions as well. 
  • Lauren95
    hello I like reading Harry Potter books, and real life stories, for an example crime. I also have 2 replies a beaded dragon Freddie , and a pancake tortoise called George. Also 2 Westies called womble and Bella. I like feeding the garden birds, I have had number of pets over the years. I love watching nature programmes and being outside. I like the company of people and animals alike. And when am working I work as an Activity A coordinator for people with dementia and Alzheimer’s in a care home.  I like walking my dogs, and also stay over at my grandparents when we are not in lockdown. I like going on days out when we are not in lockdown and spending time with my family. 
    Hope this helps ?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren95 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  Thank you for the interesting introduction which I enjoyed reading.  You sound as though you keep yourself really busy which is great!  You have an interesting collection of pets there!  Being with animals and nature is great isn't it?  We get so much love from our pets.  I have a cat, but have had dogs in the past too.  I too enjoy feeding and watching the birds in my garden too.  Have you been enjoying the lovely weather we have had lately?  I'm sure you do wonderful work working with people with Dementia and Alzheimer's.  My dad has Dementia, but is still living at home at present.  

You have come to the right place to meet new friends as we are a friendly bunch of people on here and we all support each other.  I'm sure you will fit right in here so please chat to us anytime as we all love a chat on here.  There are some other members of the forum who have CP also so you may want to chat to them too.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you find interesting.  We have a virtual Coffee Lounge where we chat about various topics such as our pets, hobbies, movies, books, etc so that is often a good starting point to get to know people.  We also share photos our our pets on Kaleidoscope so you may want to have a look there too and maybe also show your pets to us too if you want to.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and find it a useful place to be.  I look forward to seeing you on here and if there is anything we can do to help or support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Lauren95
    Thank you so much for a lovely welcome and I look forward to taking part in the forums ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren95 - Welcome to this great community from me too. Thank you for joining with your interesting introduction. My son & I have always been into watching natural history programmes, & we're both bookworms, who collect rather a lot of books! He has a Bedlington terrier, & we both have cats.
    Like many of us, it sounds like you have many things to look forward to when the current situation improves. In the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy being here with us all & like being part of this friendly community. As Ails says, please have a look around, & join in wherever you'd like. :)
  • Lauren95
    Thank you so much I look forward to it ?
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    A warm welcome to the community @Lauren95 I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. I have CP as well. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything,  or if you have any questions.
  • Lauren95
    Thank you very much Emma and if I have any questions I will certainly ask ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you here @Lauren95.
    I hope you'll pop over to our coffee lounge and get involved there!

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness