Unexpected payment of jsa when on esa. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unexpected payment of jsa when on esa.

sandyp196
sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
Hello. I had a payment of £29.50 into my bank account today for jsa. The code is bacs dwp JSA. i dont recieve Jsa and am in reciept of income based ESA since 2018. I know i will probabaly have to phone the dwp about this but i dont want to and thought i would ask here first to see if anyone else had experienced this. I have had no letter from the dwp about this payment.
The other issue is i dont know which dept to phone. JSA or ESA. 
I really struggle to phone anyone and my support worker is off work ill at the moment. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, another Scope member received an unexpected payment from JSA this morning so I reckon there's an error on the DWP system today.

I'd probably leave it a couple of days and see if you get a letter as I struggle with phones with as well.  If you do have to phone up, you should phone the ESA line as they'll have all your current claim details.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sandyp196 Thank you for sharing this with us, it will be interesting to see if any other members have had the same. If you do manage to find out the reason for this can you please update us so we can advise others 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Have you managed to resolve the mystery @sandyp196
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.