Good news my wife's appeal is allowed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good news my wife's appeal is allowed

johnbucky
johnbucky Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Last march19 my wife scored 0 points at her pip review, we had to travel  over 30 miles for this. Today she has been told she is entitled to the standard rate of daily living previously she got the higher rate. It's been back dated to match last year . I have been looking at this website ever since my wife lost her award, so don't give up with your appeals.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @johnbucky, I'm glad it's served as a place for information. It's great news about your wife's appeal and thank you for sharing this with us! :)
    Scope

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@johnbucky Sorry just saw your post, great news after such a long wait, I’m currently waiting on word from my MR I had previously been getting standard daily living but ran out in February, middle of April I got word back got no DL and got standard mobility so hoping it can change at MR if not it’s the long rd to appeal. 
  • johnbucky
    johnbucky Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi thanks for your post, our Mr wasn't successful but taking it to the tribunal was . I think you have to keep going with your claim  until they stop listening. My wife got her letter today with confirmation of her award and over a year of backdated money she is well chuffed. They only awarded her 9 points for daily living component but that was just enough by 1 point to receive the 57.30!a week.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@johnbucky Oh so glad for her it’s a massive relief. I got 6 points for DL so fingers crossed I can get the other 2 points I need, sorry enough about me lol once again great news and yous can enjoy your weekend not worrying about it?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @johnbucky. I'm really glad to hear your wife's appeal was successful and she's already received her backpay. Thank you for sharing your story of hope with all of us! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @johnbucky!! Thank you for sharing this with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.