Hi my name is Melinda — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is Melinda

melindajade121
melindajade121 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hello, my name is Melinda and im on the autistic spectrum. I like learning languages, learning about space and anatomy and I like everything related to Harry Potter. I will be 22 in November too. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @melindajade121 - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for sharing about yourself. We have a lot of members on the autistic spectrum, & you might like to have a look at some posts about this on Scope. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism
    What languages are you learning? I'm trying to learn German.
    I've always been interested in anatomy (especially neuroanatomy, as well as neurophysiology), which I became interested in as a physio student. My son is into big cats & astronomy. His wife likes Harry Potter, & has all the books, which she re-reads. Sorry to say my son & I haven't read them!
    I hope you enjoy being part of this community. You might like our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where we chat about books, music, films, our pets, hobbies & interests, & much more. :)

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @melindajade121 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's really nice to meet you and have you on board!  Thank you for sharing with us and what a lovely photo you have shown us too.  

You have some great interests there!  I like watching the Harry Potter films, but haven't read any of the books so far.  

I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and meet some new friends along the way.  We are a friendly bunch of people here!  I look forward to seeing you around.  If we can be of any help to you then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @melindajade121.
    What interests you about space? It's one of my favourite subjects, even if I don't really understand much of it!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • melindajade121
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @melindajade121 - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for sharing about yourself. We have a lot of members on the autistic spectrum, & you might like to have a look at some posts about this on Scope. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism
    What languages are you learning? I'm trying to learn German.
    I've always been interested in anatomy (especially neuroanatomy, as well as neurophysiology), which I became interested in as a physio student. My son is into big cats & astronomy. His wife likes Harry Potter, & has all the books, which she re-reads. Sorry to say my son & I haven't read them!
    I hope you enjoy being part of this community. You might like our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where we chat about books, music, films, our pets, hobbies & interests, & much more. :)

At the moment I'm addicted to learning mandarin Chinese. It's my favourite language by far! 
  • melindajade121
    Welcome to the community @melindajade121.
    What interests you about space? It's one of my favourite subjects, even if I don't really understand much of it!
    I just like looking at different planets and seeing pictures of them. I also like games that take place in space because it makes me feel like an astronaut helping aliens with what they need help with. I like helping everyone in any way possible. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited May 2020
    I love looking at pictures of different planets as well. In fact the background on both my computer screen and my phone are photos of Neptune which I think is really beautiful. :smile:
    Do you have a favourite planet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @melindajade121! Fellow Harry Potter fan here! I'm a Hufflepuff, have you taking the sorting hat quiz? :)
    Scope

• melindajade121
    I love looking at pictures of different planets as well. In fact the background on both my computer screen and my phone are photos of Neptune which I think is really beautiful. :smile:
    Do you have a favourite planet?
    I like looking at space pictures of earth ? so pretty. When I was younger I liked Pluto because of Pluto the super dog. 
  • melindajade121
    Hi @melindajade121! Fellow Harry Potter fan here! I'm a Hufflepuff, have you taking the sorting hat quiz? :)
    OMG I'm a Hufflepuff too!!!! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    OMG I'm a Hufflepuff too!!!! 
    The BEST news!  :D  <3
    Scope

Brightness