I have autism spectrum condition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have autism spectrum condition

nigelasc
nigelasc Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2020 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi everyone. I have an autism spectrum condition. It's invisible but it affects me every day. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @nigelasc   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly.

Plenty of members with autism, who will be supportive.

Please ask if we can help with anything.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nigelasc - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community, which I hope you enjoy being part of. Do have a look around the forum & join in with any of the discussions that are of interest. :)
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

Hi @nigelasc - thank you for sharing your experience and taking the step to reach out. We have pages which are grouped under particular subject headings - you may find useful advice here.

Thanks for being part of our Community :smile:

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nigelasc and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You will receive lots of support and friendship on the forum so please chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here to listen and chat also.  You will meet lots of new friends on here too I'm sure.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and find the forum helpful.  I look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can do to support or help you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 429 Pioneering
    Hi nice to meet you. I have autism too. I live in a residential care home in Dorset and I do work experience in a charity shop and an elderly people’s nursing home. I like seeing my mum and dad but not at the moment because of lockdown but they sent me a new weighted blanket with dinosaurs on as a present. Do you live by yourself or with your family or with housemates? Do you have work? What are your interests and hobbies?
  • fairybellsxo
    fairybellsxo Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Hello :) nice to meet you!

I also have autism and not many if any of my friends know about it as I am still coming to terms with my diagnosis.

How are you today? :) what are your hobbies/interests? and what do you like to do in your spare time?

It amazes me how people on the spectrum can be so similar in their interests and I love when I find those similarities.

Hope your well :) 

Brightness