wearing a mask — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

wearing a mask

jonny1234
jonny1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi  a see the new rules coming at nhs staff about wearing a mask here is fact by over 200 doctors world wide ,,,when wearing a mask your reducing your ability to oxygenate,you our increasing your cortisol levels which your stress hormone it suppresses you immune system you get what is called SYMPATHETIC MIMETIC DRIVE you our driving it further and faster you our throwing your body into overdrive situation  of stress which creates a domino effect.Wearing a mask has never been established to prevent disease when a surgeon wears a mask it is to prevent the surgeon drualing .spitting,coughing into the patient.

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    jonny1234 said:
     when a surgeon wears a mask it is to prevent the surgeon drualing .spitting,coughing into the patient.
    Covid 19 is spread by water droplets in saliva and snot...  What you describe is exactly the reason for wearing masks when in close contact with other people.  It is not to help you, it is to save other people from your own dribble hitting them when you cough or even speak.  It only works if everyone in the close contact situation wears one.  That's why its now being made mandatory on public transport and in hospitals.  Everywhere else you should be able to stay 2m apart which is by far the best method to avoid the disease.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jonny1234

Welcome I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes wearing masks seems to be gaining more press everyday.

To be honest I used to wear them daily 30yrs ago at one of my many jobs.

I used to use fibre glass/resin.  

The chemical’s involved where very very strong.

The current masks on the market haven’t changed one bit.

I had to purchase these as well myself.

Yes the “social distancing” will & is making a real difference.

Hopefully we won’t get a “second wave”

@steve51
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I`ve been making masks for family, friends, neighbours, hospices and hospital.

They may not be surgical ones, but they do help some of the disease spreading.
    If it doesn't save YOU, it might save the next person.

I`d rather see more people wearing them in public.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi There has been lots of talk over the value of wearing masks to stop spread and personally I would feel better if when crowded on public transport I wouldn't be subjected to everyone coughing and spluttering all over me. I actually think they should be worn all the time in this environment
  • serenk
    serenk Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
    It’s really interesting, I’ve now seen a few people saying that coughing / sneezing should have always been covered by masks. On packed public transport, it is rather gruelling...

I am immunosuppressed, so anyone close to me with a cough or sneeze is basically sealing my fate. It would be nice to see increased hygiene protocols stay long after COVID is over, as many others like me are immunosuppressed and therefore far more vulnerable to illness.

Brightness