Assessments cancelled in Northern Ireland — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessments cancelled in Northern Ireland

male45
male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The following is from the official NIGov website so it's not a rumour which I first thought...

https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/news/hargey-introduces-further-measures-protect-most-vulnerable-and-their-families

I'm still confused if my telephone assessment will go ahead on Thursday morning. Also it mentions with an 'end date' I wonder is this a clause..my benefit 8s up in july 19th..

Now I'm confused as I've to have a telephone assessment tomorrow morning. I've tried getting through to pip offices but after initial auto message the line goes dead. Reading in Twitter this is happening to many ppl here.
So I dont know if my call is going ahead or not. I guess all I can do is still prepare for it.

I've just got a text to say it's going ahead

Best wishes
Best Wishes 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Have you rang the health assessment providers? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do that and they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • male45
    Hi @poppy123456
    I received a text from dwp an hour ago to say it will go ahead tomorrow.  Also the guy from CAB who represented me telephoned me 10 minutes ago to say it will go ahead as hes been informed by his organisation that all telephone assessments will take place.
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • male45
    @poppy123456
    That's the assessment over took 40 minutes. It began at exactly 9.15 . The girl was pleasant and soft spoken. I had to ask her to repeat herself a good number of times. Half way through the assessment she apologized and put me on hold, when she returned she said she just had a delivery..I asked her are you also isolated at home like my wife and I are, she said yes. 
    So in all it wasnt total interrogation but nice to be nice interrogation. I'm just glad it's all over. I never slept a wink last night, I stayed up going over all paperwork from years ago to the appeal in February.  She went through my tablets listing them to me even new ones I had which I hadnt mentioned to them. So they do contact gaps.
    Hopefully itll be good news and the award I got in the appeal in February stays that way.
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • male45
    just a short update
    As of today May 25th I've still not received word back from PIP Limavady about my assessment .
    Will update again when I do get word from them .
    Best Wishes 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,622 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@male45.  Hope you don’t have to much longer to wait and good luck hope it’s a good outcome ?
  • male45
    @Lou67 hello hope you're keeping safe and well.
    I also hope so too and thank you :)
    Best Wishes 
  • Lou67
    Hi@male45 I’m ok thanks, I’m just waiting to hear about my MR but not many cases win at this stage so will probably be the long rd to appeal. 
  • male45
    @Lou67
    Hi lou. As you say not many win at the MR stage and have the long road to appeal.
    I hope its not the case for yourself. Wish you good luck :smile:
    Best Wishes 
  • male45
    Another short update: 
    Feb 26th telephone assessed for PIP
    Phoned them today..took an hour to get through...answer from them was they have not received the assessors report. MyPIP is up July 19th I asked what happens if by that date I've still had no result back..
    They told me dont worry its extended for 6 months.
    Yes I'll worry thank you.

Anyone else is same situation?
    Best Wishes 
  • Lou67
    @male45. Hi hope your well, glad youv had some word about your claim, of course you’ll still worry but hopefully the 6 month extension will give you a bit of relief for now, I’m still waiting on word on my MR it’s been just over 8 weeks, they say in normal times it’s usually upto 10 weeks so who no’s how long now ?‍♀️
  • male45
    @Lou67
    Thank you so much. Yes its abit of a relief to know it'll carry on for 6 months at least or until either I get results or this gov back track on the extension, as you say who knows.
    I sincerely hope you hear about your MR soon theres nothing worse than this waiting and waiting.
    Stay safe and hopefully you'll be posting with result soon.

Best Wishes 
  • Lou67
    @ male45 Thankyou it means a lot to have the support on here, I have found everyone so helpful and supportive. 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi everyone, just wanted to say sorry for my rant earlier, im much more calm now. please dont let my opinion/mental health issues stop you from applying/appealing for benefits. i get myself into such a state and i have really tried to calm down, the lady was very nice to speak to, she allowed me to visit the toilet and seemed empathetic. again, just glad it is over
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I think everyone here understands how stressful the whole process can be @katho31, so please don't worry. I'm glad you're feeling much calmer now. 
    Did you have a good weekend? :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • male45
    @katho31 as @Adrian_Scope says we all have stress over these things. I too would am glad you're feeling much calmer and hope also you've been enjoying the lovely sunshine.  
    Best wishes to you
    Best Wishes 
  • katho31
    cheers? 'Male45, best wishes to you too
  • katho31
    im typing as im waiting on phone to dwp, ive just posted to 'Male45 and whatever ive pressed has guven me access to lots of new emojis!!! its the little things sometimes that cheer me up ha ha ha
  • Lou67
    Nice one Kath ?
  • katho31
    Hi @Adrian_Scope sorry ive just read the end of you post! yes, we had a nice weekend thank you, hope you did too  :), Hi Lou, im having a bit of a mare! means nightmare!! with my lap top, i need to get more organised, im only just seeing responses to my posts days later, i need to delete some email, then put rest in order. how has your move gone? :)
  • Lou67
    Hi @katho31 oh sorry I messaged on one of your other posts about your he move but youv miby not got it with your laptop, the move went well the guys that done it were great, got it done in just over an hr ?my son and daughter were here helping me all day till nearly 4, so house looking great I’m chuffed my daughters partner painted and put flooring everywhere except hall he’s gony do that in the next few days, great news you got your txt from pip al be saying my prayers you get a good outcome from them ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.