Video Games - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Don’t know has anyone got animal crossing new horizons on switch 
    Hi @emilyanner, I don't. However, I am very tempted! How have you found it?
    Scope

• Emily54636072
    Emily54636072 Community member Posts: 84 Courageous
    I like this social thing 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear that @emilyanner! :)
    Scope

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @Adrian Go online and take a look at the specs for the PS5. It's looking like it's going to be a World beater in gaming. One thing they say it can do is load a game in a second. That to me sounds too big a claim, or maybe I misunderstood.
    I will review the last of us 2. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That is a bold claim @Dragonslayer!
    I've seen claims that it will load games 100 times as fast as the PS4 and can load 2GB in a quarter of a second, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how the touted hardware performance translates to the real world. Exciting times though!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • PIPPERMAN
    PIPPERMAN Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    edited June 2020
    I've played a few online multi player games over the years.
    Some turn out to be a huge imposition on time or require a feed of money to remain competitive.
    at conquerclub.com you can play a version of the old risk game with many different maps and it doesn't cost a penny unless you want to be able to play unlimited games for a small membership.

I also pay a shoot em up style game called Grand Tanks where there isn't a huge disadvantage for players who don't pay big bucks to be ahead of the competition. Both these games you can comfortably play for 5 minutes or 5 hours a day.

• Adrian_Scope
    Never been a huge fan of pay-to-win games either myself @PIPPERMAN. I used to play Counterstrike at a pretty reasonable level and while you don't need to buy anything to remain competitive at that, the amount of time you need to sink into the game to not get continually embarrassed can be ridiculous.

I don't really play anything online anymore, but I'd love to find something I could pick up and play for five minutes at a time and not get destroyed.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Emily54636072
    Party time at home 
  • Dragonslayer
    @Adrian_Scope
    I have been playing The Last of us 2 on PS4 for a little while now and it is brilliant.  The cinematography, artwork, design and gameplay is outstanding. There is something on here for eveyone. It is full of puzzles to solve, things to find and collect, lots to discover and for those that like shooters it is also full of that. I think it will become on of the best games of the year and even at the download cost of £54.99 well worth the cost for there will be between 30-40hrs of gameplay within it. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
    Dragonslayer.

• t0nkys
    t0nkys Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    @Adrian_Scope
    I have been playing The Last of us 2 on PS4 for a little while now and it is brilliant.  The cinematography, artwork, design and gameplay is outstanding. There is something on here for eveyone. It is full of puzzles to solve, things to find and collect, lots to discover and for those that like shooters it is also full of that. I think it will become on of the best games of the year and even at the download cost of £54.99 well worth the cost for there will be between 30-40hrs of gameplay within it. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
    Dragonslayer.

Ive only just started playing and I’m psyched for it
  • Emily54636072
    Have you got a Nintendo switch 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Been playing The Last Of Us since Friday and loving it so far. The game is beautiful, the infected are even creepier and the accessibility features are incredible. 

Naughty Dog made some pretty big impressions with the accessibility features in Uncharted 4, but I think this game could be, excuse the pun but, a game changer. It's the easiest I've gotten used to a new game in such a long time. 

Not too far in yet so can't comment on the story, wouldn't want to spoil anything anyway :) 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @Adrian_Scope I upgraded my laptop last week so I could carry on playing Cities:Skylines, the main reason for the change was to improve the graphics card, but also to switch from hard drive to SSD. I own 12 DLC but used to play with only 3 activated but it would take 30 - 60 minutes for it all to upload. I now play with all 12 DLCs activated and a few mods and it takes around 2 minutes to load up. SSD is a real game changer in terms of speed of loading.

I moved from discs to online purchasing a couple of years ago with Steam. Yes I do have to go through steam to verify I own the game but also found it comes with benefits. I don't have a collection of discs that can deteriorate over time and use, Or lose an old favourite that I fancy playing again. Updates are automatically applied. The only downside I can see, like my collection of books on Kindle, is if the company goes down I lose everything I own with them.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2020
    Hello 
    I like playing pro evolution soccer game on my PS4 and I like playing streets of rage which is a fighting game 
    I am planning to create my own gaming channel on YouTube as a young man with cerebral palsy 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Adrian_Scope
    Geoark said:
    @Adrian_Scope I upgraded my laptop last week so I could carry on playing Cities:Skylines, the main reason for the change was to improve the graphics card, but also to switch from hard drive to SSD. I own 12 DLC but used to play with only 3 activated but it would take 30 - 60 minutes for it all to upload. I now play with all 12 DLCs activated and a few mods and it takes around 2 minutes to load up. SSD is a real game changer in terms of speed of loading.

I moved from discs to online purchasing a couple of years ago with Steam. Yes I do have to go through steam to verify I own the game but also found it comes with benefits. I don't have a collection of discs that can deteriorate over time and use, Or lose an old favourite that I fancy playing again. Updates are automatically applied. The only downside I can see, like my collection of books on Kindle, is if the company goes down I lose everything I own with them.
    I splashed out for a new laptop at the start of May and I've been equally impressed with the SSD. I currently have an average boot time of 27 seconds and can have Steam and Europa Universalis IV running within a couple of minutes total. I have to admit I was always reserved about buying from Steam but DRM is just one of those things you have to deal with if you want access to a broader catalogue than GOG offers. Most of my old game discs are scratched now anyway and I long ago lost the manuals with the serial numbers, so this is the price I have to pay!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Looks like I better fork out for a PS4 then @Dragonslayer and @ross2503!

Globster said:
    Hello 
    I like playing pro evolution soccer game on my PS4 and I like playing streets of rage which is a fighting game 
    I am planning to create my own gaming channel on YouTube as a young man with cerebral palsy 
    Streets of Rage is an absolute classic.
    Do you play Pro Evo online @Globster?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    Either that or pre-order a PS5 @Adrian_Scope :) 

• Dragonslayer
    Definitely get a PS5
    Some of the games scheduled for it look truly amazing. The new AC about Vikings will I'm sure be a best seller and it will still play all the PS4 games. 
  • Emily54636072
    Hello everyone sorry slow replies been busy doing other stuff 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2020
    Definitely get a PS5
    Some of the games scheduled for it look truly amazing. The new AC about Vikings will I'm sure be a best seller and it will still play all the PS4 games.

And then there's the truely bizarre looking games like Bugsnacks, where you can play as a strawberry :D 

Brightness