Hi! New to the community... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! New to the community...

OrkneyD
OrkneyD Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi. My name's Diane, and I'm new to the Scope community. I have degenerative arthritis as a result of kidney failure/ transplantation and as you might be able to tell from my 'handle', I live in Orkney. I've been a bit shy of joining online communities but I think it was the whole COVID-19 and the lock-down that prompted me finally to join here. I'd love to get involved, chat with other members, see what experiences we all have in common. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @OrkneyD

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you ??

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @OrkneyD :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @OrkneyD. I completely understand about being a bit shy, but I'm glad you've finally taken the plunge! How have you been keeping busy during lockdown?
    Our coffee lounge is a great place to get started with some lighthearted chatter if you're interested.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @OrkneyD - Welcome to this friendly community from me too. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. You live in a lovely part of the country, somewhere I've read about, but never visited. I'm sure you'll find this a good place to be as we have some great members, & it's good to have somewhere to chat at this difficult time. As Adrian says the 'Coffee lounge' is a good place to start, & you can chat here at any time too. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @OrkneyD Welcome to the community great to have you with us and look forward to seeing you around
  • OrkneyD
    OrkneyD Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Everyone! Thank you for your welcomes! If I'm replying in the wrong way here, give me time, I'm sure I'll get used to things...I'm a bit of a technology dinosaur, so all this reliance on online communication lately has been a steep learning curve for me! @chiarieds, thank you yes, Orkney is a lovely place. Bit wild in winter, as you can imagine, but worth the wait for the summers. @Adrian_Scope, thank you, I think to begin with just keeping going during lockdown was a challenge but it's getting better now with more 'freedom'. Thank goodness for the unseasonably good weather we've been having. I'll be sure to pop into the Coffee Lounge to chat soon. Good to be a part of the Community. 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hi @OrkneyD welcome to the community.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @OrkneyD
    Scope

Brightness