Esa appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa appeal

Sharon11
Sharon11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all , 
I had my appeal today for esa , originally in my medical I was awarded 0 points .
today they told me they have given me 18.
but I’m not sure what group that means I go in to , or what I’m meant to do . 
can anyone help please .

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Sharon11, congratulations on your successful appeal! Did they mention whether you met the support group criteria? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sharon11
    Sharon11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I was very emotional and to be honest all a bit of a blur , suppose I ll just have to wait for a letter ,
    thank you for reply tho i appreciate it . 
    I was not sure if points meant certain things   
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on the appeal @Sharon11! I'm not surprised it was a blur, I imagine it was quite intense.

I hope it doesn't take too long to get the letter. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Let us know when you get the letter @sharon11. Hopefully it won’t be too long a wait.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi congratulations on your win I hope you have the result you wanted and you are placed in the appropriate group. 

According to the internet you need to get 15 points or more to be eligible but the support group depends on which descriptors you scored the points for as to which group you are placed in.

Sorry this isn't of much help the only sure way is to wait for yur letter 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.