Careers allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Careers allowance

hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
Hello may i ask i was on esa transferred to uc an my partner claimed career allowance they saying they cant bck date cause you or partner have already received esa income related for some or all of this period does that if i recieved income related esa oct an november but from December recieved uc lwrca my partner cant claim careers allowance back dated
as uc did not back date career element for 5 months as we didn't notify of caring plus pip started 2 months before we was transferred to uc.

(sorry if it dont make sense)

Comments

• hello20
    Hello

uc have taken a deduction of Carer's Allowance‑ £291.42 from my payments when i only received

£67.25  A week which was  £269 a month but they deducted £291.42 

any one know why they took extra £22
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited June 2020
    Hi @hello20.

They deduct the monthly average (as there are more than 4 weeks in every month, sometimes you’d be paid 5 times in an assessment period). 

£67.25 x 52 = £3497

£3497 divided by 12 = £291.42
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I am sure you will find the very detailed and easily explained answer from Adrian useful and give you understanding of the deduction made.

If you need anything else just ask away
  • hello20
    Thank you 

may i also ask do i have to pay  for medication prescription cause monthly income from uc that includes lwrca  is £1037 but after carers allowance i only recieved monthly payment of £737 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

I'm not too sure if you are eligible for free press options as there are lots of different reasons why you could be. You can check this out on NHS website 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    You can also buy prepayment prescriptions just over £10 a month and covers all the items you need.
    https://services.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/buy-prescription-prepayment-certificate/start
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    hello20 said:
    Thank you 

may i also ask do i have to pay  for medication prescription cause monthly income from uc that includes lwrca  is £1037 but after carers allowance i only recieved monthly payment of £737 

The income limit on free prescriptions is about earnings (from employment) so if your household income of £1037 is just from UC and Carer's Allowance then that's fine and you should be eligible. Hope that helps.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hello20
    Thank you adrian ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.