Relaxing of rules regarding drinking outside a pub/restaurant — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Relaxing of rules regarding drinking outside a pub/restaurant

daz73
daz73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, the government is soon to announce the relaxing of rules regarding drinking outside a pub/restaurant so people can drink in the street. Do people think this is a good idea? I've lived next to and near pubs & I've often found that a bunch of lads or ladies out on a stag night or hen do very reluctant to move out of the way so a wheelchair can get passed. What does Scope think?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    H@daz73 Welcome to the community great to have you here and a valid point you bring up. I don't know if the government will allow drinking outside a pub unless it is in a designated outside area, rather than just standing in the street outside.

Will be interesting to see what happens
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daz73

Welcome it’s great to meet you this evening.

Yes I believe things are going to be changed slightly next week.

But I don’t think things will be changed to much as there are still to many people losing their lives.

We still have a very long way to go to be honest.

@steve51
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @daz73 you ok mate? I take your point about beer gardens, but we have to start taking giant leaps into getting the economy moving.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daz73 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Whilst I can't comment on what the Scope team think, I do appreciate your concerns. I live very close to a market town that is a tourist attraction; unfortunately rather a lot of people are visiting, & don't seem to be taking into account 'social distancing,' which I feel is still important. I agree with Steve; we're not out of the woods yet. Altogether it's a very difficult situation.....businesses need to open if they're to survive, but at what cost to human lives?

Brightness