Tired and preparing for a PIP tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tired and preparing for a PIP tribunal

HOBrien
HOBrien Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This is my first time. I'm waiting for a PIP tribunal. The Dwp has until 4 of July to reply. 0 points twice. I have aspergers now called autism. Both times was reused because I was diagnosed late in my 40s. and went to a mainstream school. So I didn't have autism till my 40s.and I. Haven't been statemented as a child. Aspergers wasn't diagnosed in 1964.i had problems yes but no one had any idea what was wrong we me so I was labelled stupid and ignored. So I'm being denied pip for being born at the wrong time. Angry depressed. and so tired. I had a lifetime dla award. 

Comments

• phillycollings29
    phillycollings29 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Hello @HOBrien.  A very warm welcome.  I don't have an answer for you but I am sure someone will be able to help.  Am up for a chat if you would like that.  You can just let me know.  :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOBrien and a very warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry the experience of PIP has not been as smoothly as DLA. Unfortunately they are different benefits and will be assessing different things.

PIP looks at how you are affected on a daily basis, rather than just the diagnosis that you have. When you had the initial assessment, were you able to get a copy of the report? This will show you why the porint has been given, but also so you know how to plan the tribunal.

I appreciate it can be such a worrying thing and that it can impact your mental health. Do you have any support at the moment?
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOBrien Welcome to the community, the advice Chloe has given is spot on it isn't about being diagnosed lile DLA was but about how your condition affects your daily living eg cooking, eating, bathing, dressing and other fsctors.

Have a good look through your bundle and make notes of what areas you think you should have scored points and why giving real life examples of what happens when you do this task.

Good luck and keep us updated
  • rbz
    rbz Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    @HOBrien
    At this moment very hard to claim PIP, because award based on claimant words (most claimants don't know how to properly explain problems during daily living). There no matter which stage of PIP claim (assessment, mandatory reconsideration or tribunal).
    During tribunal concentrate only on your problems during your daily living.
    Provide much as you can samples about problems.
    Never talk about you can do without problems.
    My personal experience:
    2018 received 0 points on Daily living and Mobility.
    This happens because I talked about good days and bad days.
    On 2019 placed new claim and awarded enhanced rate daily and enhanced rate mobility. I concentrated only on bad days and not talked about good days.
  • HOBrien
    Thank you everyone. I have a benifits addviser. She's been very good. It's not easy for her. Had to take over from my original advisor. She died in April. I was deverstated she's helped me over the years. Its the 27th only 4 days for the Dwp to reply to the tribunal..times running out. and I'm stressed. My assessment. The guy only wanted to hear about my schools nothing else. I was very confused. My nabber sat with me. The day went badly he came I wasn't ready. I had difficulty getting my nabber. My cat tried to escape got frightened.clawed my hand. So I stould there bleeding my tablets are blood thinning.so I bleed a lot. He seemed so nice. Iike a friend. I even hugged him after. I know. I'm very trusteing. I can't help it. He wrote a lot for things that didn't happen. My nabber has written a letter as a witness I've got documents from my gp. Including my diagnosis. Thank you. Phillycollings29. Chloescope. and janer1969. For being so kind.

• HOBrien
    What does body is required mean. It's come up on my screen?

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOBrien, is there anything else we can do to help?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.