Video Games - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Comments

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dragonslayer@rose2503
    yes I do play pro evolution soccer 2020 online 
    Level 12 is on easy mode is bugging me now on streets of rage but my never give up attitude will get past the level. I play this game with my older brother we use to play the game on the megadrive

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Is anyone playing classic games on Ps4 at the moment that use to play on others console before the game came out on the Ps4?
    Are there any classic games you would see brought to the Ps4 platform?

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    @Globster I'm curious to know your thoughts on how Pro Evo compares to FIFA? I tend to upgrade my football game every couple of years because I don't think they improve enough year on year to justify the cost, but I've always just bought FIFA.

Regarding classic games, I'm not currently playing any, but I'd love to get the remastered Crash Bandicooot. 

I would absolutely LOVE to see Simpsons Hit and Run remastered by EA, hopefully it happens one day. 

• Globster
    @ross2503
    Hello Ross 
    I used to play FIFA on the on PS4 but I have found it was very expensive just to play the FIFA game on the PS4. I have been playing pro evolution soccer on the PS4 for the last years you can do everything you can do on FIFA on the PS4 
    I got the latest version of pro evolution soccer game on PS4 cheap on the PS4 store because I pay for PlayStation membership so I only had to pay only £4.00 for the latest version of the pro evolution soccer game their deal on the PS4 store during lockdown 

I would also recommend you also would YouTube videos to see what you think about pro evolution soccer game on PS4 @ross2503

• [Deleted User]
    @Globster
    I'll have to give it a go at some point! 
  • JaneCambs
    JaneCambs Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Hello, I just wanted to say, my mum who is 70 plays video games. She has a PS4. She messages me pics of her gaming all the time. She loves No Mans Sky and many others 
    that’s a typical message from my mum. She lives in France and that’s her playing No Mans Sky. She doesn’t believe age should be defiant. She tells me she still feels 16 inside.I say good for you mum :) 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    The artwork is brilliant in No Mans Sky @JaneCambs, I always find the scenery so picturesque. Your mum sounds like a lot of fun and is correct, age shouldn't define you!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Globster
    edited June 2020
    @Adrian_Scope
    what your favourite PS4 game you ever played? 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    What is the online PlayStation community like? I have only got experience of XBOX Live which was just a cess pit of people insulting each other, so I turned off the voice chat and just played without. I have heard the PlayStation online community is better.
  • [Deleted User]
    66Mustang said:
    What is the online PlayStation community like? I have only got experience of XBOX Live which was just a cess pit of people insulting each other, so I turned off the voice chat and just played without. I have heard the PlayStation online community is better.
    To be honest I think you're gonna get those sorts of people regardless of the console, and it will also depend on the game you're playing. By and large I don't think it's too bad.

PlayStation is much better than Xbox in most departments in my opinion, especially in the key category, the games themselves.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks Ross for the post.

I was playing mainly Call of Duty. It was in the days of the XBOX 360 / PS3 - I haven't owned a console since then. It seemed the only reason someone would talk on there was to insult someone else! No talk of co-operation/tactics or just a friendly chat.

Nowadays I just play a couple of multiplayer games on the computer (World of Warcraft and RuneScape) and while there is a little bit of discussion in the general chat channels, again most people seem to only speak when it is to say something negative or to insult someone.

Maybe it is just my choice of game! It is a shame because games can be really good fun but I think the community can make a game experience.
  • [Deleted User]
    @66Mustang

Unfortunately I think that's just how it is normally these days. If people are using voice chat they're generally in a private chat room with friends.

At the moment I'm playing The Last Of Us 2, occasionally GTA, Rocket League among others.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @66 mustang
    I don't engage in any online community chat on PS4 nor do play online. Tried it once and found it to be nothing like playing games as they where meant to be played. I know online playing is the way gaming is fast heading, but it's a sorry fact that there are those out there that use the net to abuse others for "Fun", as they call it while they hide behind anonymity. Better to just ignore them.

@Adrian_Scope
    It's hard to say which is the best game I have ever played. AC games are for me the best. Black Flag is high up there, along with Odessey. But I have to say TLous2 is easily for me being added to the list.

• Adrian_Scope
    Globster said:
    @Adrian_Scope
    what your favourite PS4 game you ever played? 
    Unfortunately I don't own a PS4, but I did spend a lot of time a few months ago playing Dreams which was a unique experience. What about you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    66Mustang said:
    Thanks Ross for the post.

I was playing mainly Call of Duty. It was in the days of the XBOX 360 / PS3 - I haven't owned a console since then. It seemed the only reason someone would talk on there was to insult someone else! No talk of co-operation/tactics or just a friendly chat.

Nowadays I just play a couple of multiplayer games on the computer (World of Warcraft and RuneScape) and while there is a little bit of discussion in the general chat channels, again most people seem to only speak when it is to say something negative or to insult someone.

Maybe it is just my choice of game! It is a shame because games can be really good fun but I think the community can make a game experience.
    I've gotta say my experience of it is much the same. I've run some fairly big gaming communities with a lot of coordination over strategy and tactics. Probably among the best experiences I've had in fact. But stepping outside of that bubble you realise just how toxic gaming communities generally are. Now if I play online, I just play silently and with everyone muted!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    @Adrian_Scope
    It's hard to say which is the best game I have ever played. AC games are for me the best. Black Flag is high up there, along with Odessey. But I have to say TLous2 is easily for me being added to the list.
    I've not seen a bad review of it yet and it seems right up my alley. I'm going to have to get a PlayStation aren't I?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @Adrian_Scope
    I've not seen a bad review of it yet and it seems right up my alley. I'm going to have to get a PlayStation aren't I?
    Yes you are Adrian. Don't miss out on this game, it is quite something. I am coming to the end and will definitely play a few more times. Then again in 16 days The Ghosts of Tusami is released. That could possibly be even better? Or so I've heard. Looks like a summer of great gaming ahead.
    Maybe you might think about waiting until the end of the year and get a PS5? That will play TLOus2, and they will release it on the new console.
  • Adrian_Scope
    I'll see if I can find a way to justify the outlay to the other half @Dragonslayer!

I haven't been impressed with the XBOX One exclusives for quite some time, so it might be time to switch sides (again).
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Emily54636072
    Emily54636072 Community member Posts: 84 Courageous
    Sorry slow replies been really busy doing stuff hope your all keeping safe and keeping your distance 
  • t0nkys
    t0nkys Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    I’ve finally made a meth lab in my animal crossing basement!! I’m so pleased lol I’ll do a house tour on my YouTube at some point.

Brightness