Hi, my name is Annied! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Annied!

Annied
Annied Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello,  I Just happened on this site and realized how refreshing it is to hear that others understand what it is like to live with
chronic illnesses that most around you do not see . Besides having to try to live with painful conditions that keep you from the life you want to live, I think the hardest part is not looking sick to those around you that do not understand you are struggling so.  I am sorry there are others who feel this way but it is a help to know we are not alone and crazy !  Hope you are all having a  "Good" day today.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Annied Welcome to the community, I am glad you managed to find us and thank you for joining.

There are lots of members on here that feel the same as you, I have a visible disability  but again it isn't easy to deal with having a life changing disability occur with no warning.

One day you are enjoying life like all others and the next your life has changed and you can no longer do all the same things others can.

It takes time to adjust but it does get better and you learn to cope find new ways to do things and new things to do

Wr are here to support and help in any way we can
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Annied

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please have a good look around & if there’s any that I can help you with please let me know.

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Good afternoon @Annied and thank you so much for joining us. Give us a shout if you need anything and in the meantime, feel free to explore and get stuck in with some of our recent discussions.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Annied! Glad you found us. :)

Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Annied - Welcome to the community from me too. Thank you for joining, & for your kind message. This is a very friendly & supportive community, as we do have a lot of understanding about invisible disabilities, chronic pain, etc. I'm sure you'll find this a good place to be, & will fit right in. As others have said, please do have a look around the forum, & let us know if we can help in any way. Please also chat here any time. :)

Brightness