Help help help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help help help please

samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
I am due to get my award review in September time. can I send the same document off as well as new evidence? I have special needs and was in a special needs school with ADHD as well which is a life long condition. do I note this again or not? I have started getting all my evidence ready now. I’m on enhanced for daily living. how do I get my award the same again? any advice anyone. thank you everyone I appreciate all your replies I really do! 

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,619 Disability Gamechanger
    @samfits99 Hi I hope your well, I’m not sure about award reviews, when my award was running out I phoned PIP a few months before and had to do a full new claim again, but I would imagine you would tell them everything again, I’m sorry if this advice is wrong, but I’m sure someone that knows more will post and let you no, just want to wish you well with it. 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @samfits99, im hoping someone with more knowledge will respond to you very soon, my circumstance is different as i am a first time claimant for PIP, i got what i wanted so im okay but would like to help you if i can, i think? you may need to start a fresh, new claim? keep online, ill search now for help for you  :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2020
    Usually 6 months before an award ends (or 14 weeks if awarded by tribunal) you will be sent renewal/review forms (both the same thing), but due to current covid19 problems it might take longer.
    Always treat a renewal like a new claim and supply as much relevant evidence as possible. No one knows if you will get the same award again, you will probably have either a face2face or telephone assessment, meanwhile do some research into PIP descriptors link below would be a good start.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

I notice @samfits99 that you have started a number of threads on the same subject and have already been given some excellent advice.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @samfits99 - Just to add to the great advice given by woodbine, the review form is much shorter than the initial claim form, but you can add extra pages at the end giving as much information as you did with your initial claim (putting your name & National Insurance number on each page).
    Do send off any relevant information....what you already have, as well as anything new.
  • samfits99
    @woodbine thanks for your advice. I don’t have F2F assessments due to my anger issues and ADHD. so would be a telephone assessment but now till then things could change. but thanks for all your advice. I will treat it as a new claim. 
  • samfits99
    @chiarieds thanks for your advice. I will treat it as a new claim and send relevant documents off. and put my name and N.I on each one. also is it worth getting it sent via special delivery? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @samfits99 - No need to send it special delivery, just ask for a certificate of posting, which will prove, if needed, that you've posted it.
  • samfits99
    @chiarieds thank you. I do think it’s terrible how people are getting Zero points on the telephone assessments that’s a load of BS! hopefully I won’t have to have one. I’m going to get a paperbased assessment as they don’t see me because I’m violent and have anger issues.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    samfits99 said:
    @woodbine thanks for your advice. I don’t have F2F assessments due to my anger issues and ADHD. so would be a telephone assessment but now till then things could change. but thanks for all your advice. I will treat it as a new claim. 
    Just because you havent had face2face assessments in the past is no guide to what may happen in the future, and of course we could still be on telephone assessments when your time comes, anyway I've tried my best on several of your threads to advise so I'm out of here now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• samfits99
    @Username_removed seems like you no your stuff and cheers for all your advice. they will never let me have a F2F assessment under no circumstances. I will get my brother to do my review form I will sign it and send all the evidence off ect ect. I’ve heard the decision maker can call you up to ask you questions? have you heard that before. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.