What I like doing/ hopes and dreams — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What I like doing/ hopes and dreams

issyrh
issyrh Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I thought I would tell you guys a bit about myself. I have some hobbies such as horse riding and art and when I’m older I want to move down to the coast and set up a art gallery down there. I love the beach and it would be my dream to live down there. In my spare time one of the things I like to do is paint and I’m quite a arty person.
issy

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @issyrh Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your dreams and your interests with us.

I am not very artistic or creative but one of my dreams is to live close to the sea.

My boyfriend and I are hoping to move abroad once he has retired not for 10 years yet but we enjoy looking and researching where we want to go

Have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions, I look forward to seeing you around
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @issyrh

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51
  • issyrh
    issyrh Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi @janer1967
    thank you for replying it’s good to hear that we have similar hobbies 
    issy 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's great to learn more about you @issyrh. What kind of paintings do you like to do?

We'd love to see some of your work. We have a virtual gallery on the community called KaleidoScope where lots of members share their creations. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @issyrh -  I'd like to add my welcome to the community, Issy. Thank you for joining & saying about yourself. I do hope you will share your art on the Kaleidoscope thread Adrian mentioned. Whilst I don't live anywhere near the sea, I'm now close to a river; somewhere I've always wanted to be, as I love the sound of moving water. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @issyrh! Great to have you with us! How are you doing today? :)
    Scope

• zebadeebad
    zebadeebad Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Issyrh
    I live by the coast & when I was young I use to have 3 ponies. I loved riding and use to go to gymkhanas when they were close enough for me to ride to them. My daughter started riding when she was 3 years old. I use to take her out for a doddle onto the Downs. She use to love doing special days at the riding school, when you can loan a pony for the day. You get to groom them, plait there manes & tails and then have fun going out hacking. The riding school normally has some other fun activities to do on the pony, for those special days.,
    My daughter is now 19 and has a 14.1hh pony,called Jeffrey, he was her first pony and is a grey Irish Sports horse.  She also has a top Puissance horse, CMS Tallulah 17.2hh that can jump ridiculously high, 2.2 meters and has won The Royal Dublin horse show. As you might have guessed, my daughter loves show jumping. She has worked hard to follow her dreams, even when things got tough. She never gave up.  
    I think it's great that you have such fun hobbies. Can you imagine a beautiful sunny day, riding your horse bareback on the beach, then taking him into the sea to cool down.  Then when you ride back home, you can paint your perfect day from the balcony of your beach house!
  • Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    @issyrh Glad to meet you and to hear about your interests.I think it is sooo It interesting to hear and see how dierse and differing people's interest are and what people would love to do, in an ideal world.

I have also wated to run, with a friend, a book shop and gaming shop with a cafe where people can read in peace an dhave some food in a cosy environment and then come and place some table top games. Would love it in an old building with mutiple stories!
  • kaiasparrow
    kaiasparrow Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    I love art but I'mnot very creative or good at it, it's something I find helpful for my mental health though so I want to get into it again! I would love to live by the sea too. I live fairly close (30-40 minutes) to the sea and I love going!

Brightness