Just for a chat - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just for a chat

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww Lulu hopefully it’s not long before your husbands able to get out for a wee but, and I’m the same Iv met some lovely people ?
  • Lou67
    Aww Hayls sorry I didn’t realise at first ?‍♀️ how far on are you and how’s the cravings going lol xx
  • Lou67
    Thanks Lulu that’s means a lot xx
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @Lou67 ????read  that you said” hope it’s not long before your husband gets out for a wee!!!!!Just told him he’s cracked up ??xx
  • Hayls20
    Hayls20 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Don’t worry lol, 14 weeks so now getting past the ‘has she just put on weight’ stage ??‍♀️ Ginger nuts and custard creams are my weakness at the moment lol xx
  • Lou67
    Hahahahaha Lulu I ment out for a wee while, Oh great Hayls I hated that when I was pregnant at the start people just thot is she just getting fat lol I used to try stick my stomach out lol ? 
  • Hayls20
    It’s so strange because I use the wheelchair most of the time the way I sit hides it so I can’t even show it off yet lol xx
  • Lou67
    Oh Hayls so you do Im so sorry me and my stupid mouth xx
  • Lulu_1949
    @Hayls20 hey I put 3 1/2 stone on with my son and 3 stone with my daughter ? used to eat all the time and take biscuits to bed incase I woke up in the night? I made the most of not being on a diet. My son says to me now if I say I am on a diet “Mum you’ve been on a diet for 50 years” yes those were the days! Remember laying in bed after the birth , baby in cot at side of me having a ciggy..yes a cigarette , you were allowed that then, and a Guinness to drink for my milk! cos I was breast feeding. Those were the days, mind you I have now given up smoking , eighteen months ago.
  • Hayls20
    No you've got nothing to apologise for @Lou67 lol, just the way things are.

Honestly @Lulu_1949 I'm going in that direction already! Going to try and keep some sort of a shape if I can though, cerebral palsy, pregnancy and exercise don't really make that great a mix though lol. Giving up smoking in amazing though, well done xx

• Lou67
    Hahahahaha oh that’s so mad Lulu ?? I stopped smoking 2 and a half year ago I took ill and collapsed was taking to hospital I had severe sepsis was in hospital for over 6 weeks and never smoked again, but think that’s definitely not helped with the weight gain ?
  • Lulu_1949
    @Lou67, crikey sepsis, that’s bad. Glad it turned out better. Yes the weight piles on when you stop, I still have a craving like yesterday?? but we are saving £600 month goodness knows where that goes now don’t seem to be any better off. We both stopped together after being in opposite beds in the cardiac ward. Nurses thought it was a hoot when we both were in together.i used to sit with hubby behind the curtain when the doctors came to see him, then he used to come to my side when they came to see me. You couldnt write it?
  • Lou67
    ?? Aww that’s great, that’s what marriage is supposed to be about, I did feel for a cpl month the difference with money when I stopped but you soon find  other uses for it xx
  • Lou67
    @katho31 I hope everything is ok and your just having a peaceful night, get a wee gab tomorrow I’m just going for a bath then have an eaten night xxx
  • Lou67
    Ment early night lol xx
  • Lou67
    Just off for a bath thanks for cheering me up Lulu speak tomorrow, Nyt nyt sleep tight xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Lou67 and @katho31 I hope you're both doing okay today. I'm just letting you know I've sent you both an email.

All the best,
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lou67
    Hi @Adrian_Scope. yeah I’m ok thanks just going to read your other email. 
  • Lou67
    Morning everyone hope yous are good ?
  • Lulu_1949
    @Lou67 Morning luvvy yes all fine here are you feeling better today? Hope so xx

Brightness