Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Danni08
Danni08 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, I'm Danni.
I had my telephone assessment for pip on june 16th, so 2 weeks ago, I rang dwp to ask for a copy of the report to be sent to me and they said they have yet to recieve it.
So I rang atos and they sai my report is complete and going through its internal processes before they send to dwp, they couldn't give a timescale of when those would be.
Is this normal or am i just unlucky? 
Thanks

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @Danni08, i had my pip tel assessment 2 weeks ago, i was told to give them a week so the case manger could look at/decide if im entitled or not. luckily ive been awarded what i want, so im pleased to say the least! my award letter and the written words of the tel consultation were also sent 3 days later. i applied first time in Feb2020 and they paid my back pay yesterday 
  • Danni08
    Congratulations Kath, that's great news.
    This is my 1st claim too, again applied feb 2020, and I had my tel assessment 2 weeks ago today, I guess it's a waiting game to see how long atos take to complete their checks prior to sending the report to dwp. 
    It's just wait after wait isn't it!
    Thankyou for coming back to me though.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @Danni08, many thanks  :) oh the waiting is so awful, its really affected my and lots of others mental health, wouldnt want to go through that again. i got in touch with my mp, her case worker was amazing, also scope Adrian and lots of others who post are so helpful and gave me so many links to advice/descriptors etc. i really want to wish you the best and youre in our thoughts too. give pip a ring, youll have a long wait on phone but ask if they can give you any indicators as to if youve been successful or not. each persons experience differs greatly, i was lucky that the man told me id been successful. i also said im on scopes website. worth a try  :)
  • Danni08
    Ah, thankyou for the reply Mike, I called the assessment provider who confirmed that they have not sent it as yet due to it going through internal processes with themselves, so deffinatley not with dwp. 
    I will just wait another couple.of weeks and see what happens.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hopefully you're not waiting too much longer @Danni08. I hope Mikehughescq and Katho31 were able to set your mind at ease that this can be quite normal. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.