Hi! I'm a newbie with a UC appeal question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! I'm a newbie with a UC appeal question

nixyc13
nixyc13 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi
Hope everyone's well!
I am on uc, and from 2018 to 2019 June i was awarded the work capability activity thingy after a Dwp health assessment. I had the second assessment July 2019 and was deemed fit to work which I disagreed with. I filed for the mandatory reconsideration which upheld the decision i was fit. So i did the appeal in September 2019. I have received a letter from the hm courts and tribunal service stating that the appeal is allowed. And they don't have to assess me for 24 months. 
I'm a fairly bright person lol but the way they word letters is so confusing. Can anyone help? Does this means that they will put me back in the ' not fit for work'club? And i will receive the payment? I have phoned the tribunal service but after being on hold for 12 min i had to hang up as it costs!!
Any advice with be much appreciated 

Comments

• nixyc13
    I think I may have put it in the wrong category! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nixyc13 - & welcome to the community. Don't worry, people join with all sorts of queries & it doesn't matter where you've first posted. Have you tried adding a note to your journal to find the result of your appeal? You possibly could try leaving your phone number asking them to reply. It does sound like your appeal was successful, but I'm sure you'd like this clarified for peace of mind. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nixyc13

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Can I please forward your post onto two of our senior members here at Scope.

Hi @Adrian_Scope
    @Chloe_Scope

Can you both please offer me some help with this post?????

@steve51
  • nixyc13
    Hi peeps
    I've wrote on my uc journal that I have the tribunal letter and need clarification. I don't expect a backdated payment from when they stopped the money but just looking forward to if i get it back, and that's how the letter reads.
    Having more than half the money cut has been a struggle, but i imagine that for everyone going through the same thing.
    Any advice is great!
    Thanks
  • steve51
    Hi @nixyc13

Yes I would be very in helping you with this if that be helpful??????

@steve51
  • nixyc13
    That be helpful!
  • steve51
    Hi @nixyc13

No probs that’s my Pleasure ?

I will forward your post onto two of our senior members for you they will be able to help you.

Hi @Adrian_Scope
    @Chloe_Scope

Can you please offer me some help with this post??????

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome  to the community, normally a letter from the court saying the appeal has been accepted means they are allowing an appeal and will proceed to tribunal.

But with it also saying they dont need to re-assess you is confusing. Does the letter say what award you have been given and if you have been placed in LCW or LCWRA group ?  This is what it normally says with the recommendation of how long to re assess
  • nixyc13
    LWCRA
    Just to clarify i was receiving it from the first health assessment then when I had the second assessment they deemed me fit enough to look for work. I filed the mandatory reconsideration which failed me . I filed the appeal. The appeal letter i got in Feb but as this crisis happened nothing happened until last week when I got the letter saying a judge from the tribunal assessed all evidence and that the appeal is allowed. That no contact for a health assessment will happen for 24 months.
    It's the wording, appeal is allowed that I'm having trouble with. Does that mean it's gone in my favour? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nixyc13 - It sounds like your appeal was judged on paper, i.e. looking at all the evidence they had, & presumably they didn't need to question you further via a phone assessment tribunal. So, from what you've said, it sounds like you've been placed in the LCWRA (Limited Capability for work & Work Related Activity) group for 2 years. So your appeal was successful. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.