Hi, my name is Phil2304! PIP Tribunal Decisions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Phil2304! PIP Tribunal Decisions

Phil2304
Phil2304 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
My Wife has just had a telephone appeal for her pip, could anyone tell me how long it takes for the letter from the court to arrive as it has been 2 weeks now and we still have heard nothing.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Phil2304

Welcome it’s my meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some good info below for you in regards to pip.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please please let me know if there’s any further help/advice??

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Phil2304 Welcome to the community, I would have thought you would have had a letter by now as they normally make a decision pretty quick unless they don't have enough evidence.

Maybe there is a delay due to admin staffing being reduced and also post isn't too good sometimes.

You may want to ring DWP to see if they have had a decision yet or the court 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Phil2304 - Welcome to the community from me too. I see you have already received good advice to ring the court or the DWP. As mentioned, you would normally have heard earlier, but, due to Covid-19, there is under-staffing unfortunately. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for joining. Please kindly let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Phil2304
    thank you everyone for the help, i will try the DWP And the court system first thing Monday morning.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Phil2304

Your very very welcome.

Please please let us know how you get on??

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Phil2304. Did you manage to get through to them yesterday and find out about the decision letter?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Phil2304
    sorry for the delay in my reply: my wife rang the court and she was told that they are not allowed to tell anyone over the phone and she has to wait for the letter to arrive, but if it hasn't arrived in a couple of days ring them back and they will send the letter again, we have not had chance to ring the DWP yet, but my wife told the people on the phone she was not sleeping well because of the worry and they did tell her with what they could see that she had nothing to worry about.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Phil2304. Oh well with them saying that hopefully it’s good news, good luck hope yous hear soon. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Fingers crossed it arrives soon with some good news @Phil2304!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    all the best for you @Phil2304 :)
  • Phil2304
    Thank you everyone for your help and support, since my last post my wife received a letter from the dwp saying that they could not pay her as they had sent the decision back to the court for a correction, we still had nor had the decision ourselves, so my wife rang the court again and the person on the phone told her that she should have received the letter by now, he could not tell her on the phone what the decision was but he could send the decision to her via email, when we got the email it said she had been awarded the higher tier PIP and the lower tier Mob, the correction my wife and i were worried about was a date on the document, for the mobility part the had put 13/11/19 to the12/11/19 which was - 1day it should have been 2022, I hop this Information helps someone else who has the same problem with a correction after a tribunal decision, thank you all for the help and good wishes from everyone.
  • Lou67
    Awww great news Phil something similar happened to me in 2018 and it was the same a wrong date had been put down, so glad it’s sorted a big weight of your mind take care. 
  • Phil2304
    Thank you, we were thinking that they were going to a higher court but apparently they have to tell you that's what they are doing but the letter said a correction, I looked Myself a couple of times but missed it, it was my wife who found the problem, that made us both feel a lot better, the court has sent them the correction so now just waiting to here when it will be all done with.
  • Lou67
    It shouldn’t be to long I’m sure after they corrected the date on mine I got it a cpl of weeks later but hopefully it’s quicker for yous, it’s a long rd but at least yous are nearly at the end, it’s the best feeling after it all,  yous can relax a bit now ?
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @Phil2304 hiya. Yes my sons tribunal was last week and I noticed the same thing with the date. I rang the court but they said they couldn’t just change it. I had to email them that day and ask for a correction. I presume this will be done quickly , hoping so anyway. 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    oh i think ive just posted on pm to that lad who has tribunal tomorrow  :)>:) x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for letting us all know @Phil2304 & congratulations on your wife's PP award. I hope you can both relax now. :)
  • Phil2304
    the court clerk told my wife that when any decision or correction is made the DWP get the notification digitally so they get it straight away.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.