Would anyone like to do some cycling? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would anyone like to do some cycling?

Wayfall
Wayfall Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, is there anyone who is within 5️ish miles of Sale Cheshire that would like to cycle. Usually around 18-20miles round routes at 10-15miles per hour.

Regards

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Do you go cycling often @Wayfall? Have you been going out much during 'lockdown'?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Wayfall
    I go cycling every other day depending on the weather, usually 18-20mile routes.

I'm mostly stuck at home atm as i got made unemployed then i got a job again then that got cancelled due to the lockdown because of 'funding'.

My life isn't super interesting right now to say the least.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Wayfall. Sounds like cycling is has really helped to give you some structure.

What job did you do? I hope something can be sorted once things get back to normal. 
    Scope

• Wayfall
    I worked at the Bean & Brush for nearly a year then got called in while on paid holiday to then get dismissed and I know it was due to my disabilities and that the owner and one of the managers despised me.

My family were furious with the owner but as he is well off id never beat him in court and it wasn't worth it.

I then worked at Tescos over Christmas and I had such an overbearing manager. They didn't keep me on.

Been unemployed since Feb. My 26th birthday is tomorrow, it just feels like a reminder of my failure to start in life.

I cycle every other day.

The two lads that use to text me stopped at the beginning of the virus so I have 0 friends except for a person I met over Facebook just to cycle with 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm really sorry you have experienced that @Wayfall.

Although, happy birthday!!! I hope you've had a good day.

I'm glad you have been able to meet people through cycling and that it enables you to get out and about.

Have you looked at Scope's employment services? We might be able to offer some guidance. :)
    Scope

• Wayfall
    I'm in contact with Harriet L & Denise S but nothing has happened much except me completing some surveys and sending in my CV.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Wayfall, I'm glad you have been in touch with them. I'll will see if I can message them for you. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I know this is way out of your area, but I thought I would mention it.
    A few years ago, a friend of mine set up a charity called CYCALL FOR ALL.

Martine is a lovely lady and has managed to achieve her goal of starting this up and getting a lot of funding for it. They have cycles for all abilities including people in wheelchairs.

They have open days around the south coast...Worthing and surrounds.
    Take a look and see what has been achieved.

Maybe someone will start this up in other areas.

Brightness