PIP telephone tribunal success — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP telephone tribunal success

Options
tippyheadstrong
tippyheadstrong Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I had to sign up just to let you all know. I followed the advice & video guides that had been posted to this forum.
Very tiring telephone tribunal. Panel were really nice & phoned me back an hour later to say I was awarded standard daily care. That's fine with me as I lost low care DLA when they made me apply for PIP. I'll actually be better off. Keep fighting, it's hard, but worth it.

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations @tippyheadstrong well done!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations, tippy headstrong! Wishing you all the best. 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations, well done, so pleased for you x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Delighted to hear your news @tippyheadstrong - Congratulations are definitely in order. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tippyheadstrong Congratulations on your tribunal win and thank you for sharing with us. It gives others hope that they can win when they see a good news story.

Time to relax and chill now
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great news @tippyheadstrong
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news! Well done and thanks for sharing. It will give others encouragement who have yet to hear.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Amazing news! Thank you for signing up to let us know. :)
    Scope

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    Good news and thank you for posting! 
  • tippyheadstrong
    Options
    I've had my back payment of PIP. They backdated the disability premium on my JSA but have not given me SDP.  So I continue the battle :(
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've had my back payment of PIP. They backdated the disability premium on my JSA but have not given me SDP.  So I continue the battle :(

The SDP is not automatically paid because of the criteria involved, unlike the other premiums with JSA. You need to apply for this by ringing DWP (JSA) providing it's the old Income related JSA you're claiming and not New style JSA or Universal Credit.

I note that you were previously claiming low care DLA so you wouldn't have qualified for SDP with that award.

For the SDP you need to live alone or be classed as living alone. If you live with other adults then they must also be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance allowance. Or are registered blind.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tippyheadstrong
    Options
    Thanks, will call Monday as only got letter today.
  • laumacc
    laumacc Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, did the dwp contact you in the wait from the tribunal win to the time of payment for any details? I’m awaiting mine and couldn’t get hold of them today so just curious :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will always contact the claimant to confirm bank accounts details and whether you've been in hospital at any point before making payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tippyheadstrong
    Options
    Yes, as poppy123456 says, they phoned me to check some details. I got the letter about 10 days after that. They told me the date & amount of 1st payment on the phone. I had the money before I received the letter. Very quick really.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.