Getting angry at currys pc world — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting angry at currys pc world

Boomtown
Boomtown Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi my name is Stuart i just want to get something of my chest so ill give the short version, our old cooker broke and we had insurance on it so the insurance company paid for a new one we had to pay for the fitting of the new one to be installed and the old one taken away all went well with minimal disruption to me and my wife later that evening my wife let our two cocker spaniels out in the back yard the same way the fitters of the cooker was brought in and out anyway our younger dog came in with bleeding from her mouth so my wife went out to look at could have caused this only to find a 5ft grey cable thrown at the back of our patio table and ive been trying to get in touch with currys since the 27th of june and nobody wants to know no reply from emails tried ringing but have got through twice only to have the phone put down on me, iam at the end of my tether all i want is someone this should not have happened when we paid £105.00, anybody got any ideas please.
Stuart 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Boomtown welcome to scope we aren't really a consumer action group but i'll try to help, you really have 2 options 1) go to your nearest store and ask to see the manager 2) find out the tele number for their head office and ask to speak to the sales director (or similar). But I think option one will work best.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Boomtown
    1 iam disabled taking about 36 tablets a day wearing two morphine patches 2 i was asked to share my thoughts with any one on scope 3 and if thats the scope works i will unsubcreibe now so sorry for the inconvenience I've caused to any one on scope 
  • woodbine
    @Boomtown sorry if I was misunderstood, my point was that scope isnt a consumer action group and probably not the best place to get advice on such matters, having said that I tried to help as best I could, please don't unsubscribe !
    I hope the advice I gave as useful, and that you understand my welcome to scope was genuine, and again I appologise fully for any misunderstanding.

• Jankins
    Jankins Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    I find it better to google the name of the Chief Executive then send an email directly to them!  Works every time for me.  Good Luck!
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Boomtown, I hope you are still here as we do wish to help if we can. Sometimes that`s just being someone to offload to and a kind reply can make us feel better.

How is your dog now? I hope his injuries weren`t too bad for him, poor little doggy. I am a dog lover and have a toy poodle.

It`s awful when we pay our way and still get left with problems.
    Take care...you, your wife and furbabies.
    Pollyxx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @Boomtown glad you have joined us here and p-lease don't leave over this.

We are a very friendly community and try our best to help people out when we can. 

I hope your dog is ok and not any long term injuries

It must be really frustrating that you are unable to get a reply from them. Would it be at all possible that a friend or family could go to a local store on your behalf and make the complaint

I hope you manage to get it sorted
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Boomtown. You're very welcome here and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding above. It seems to be really difficult to get an answer out of anyone from customer service at the moment. They do seem to be very active on their Twitter account @curryspcworld though. Do you know anyone who might be able to message them through that for you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    @Adrian_Scope I did appologise in full.

• Boomtown
    Hi, i got a email from scope yesterday and it was asking how i was which I guess thats the all the emails start, and yesterday I was asked i think if there was anything I wanted to get of my chest i think that this was meant for everyone who has scope so i plucked up enough courage to put down in words what I wanted to get of my chest and trust me it took me a hell of a lot for me to put into words what was bothering me, and i got a reply of some one who pointed out to me that this was not a platform for me to air my experience with curry's and that one reply has knocked me down and i mean down, i dont have to tell anybody about myself but iam going to then maybe some might understand, ive got a degeneration of the spine, ive osteoarthritis in both feet, ive got carpal syndrome in both hands, iam waiting to go into hospital for a knee replacement, i suffer from depression and anxiety, i nearly died three years ago with sepcies and sometimes i wish i had because how do you think it makes a man of 55 at the time having to ask his youngest daughter to pay the gas and electricity bill, my dad passed away two months after my uncle my dads brother died, then five months after my best friend who i grew up with died at the age of 53, both my daughters are grown up each have given me a granddaughter each, but still sit here on my own at night why my wife works and again how does that make me feel so like i said i sit at night wondering what if I was to do something my wife would be better off by not having to work and look after me and yes i have thought how i would do it, so thats me in s nutshell so if ive upset anyone by just sharing my thoughts on currys i apologies for thinking it was a platform to air my feelings for that i again i apologies, so Adrian please can you please not send anything else from scope. 
    Regards Stuart 
  • Boomtown
    Yes you apologisegd for someone else, so like I said please remove me from your mailing list then i cant upset anyone again, once bitten twice shy. 
    Regards Stuart 
  • Boomtown
    woodbine said:
    @Boomtown sorry if I was misunderstood, my point was that scope isnt a consumer action group and probably not the best place to get advice on such matters, having said that I tried to help as best I could, please don't unsubscribe !
    I hope the advice I gave as useful, and that you understand my welcome to scope was genuine, and again I appologise fully for any misunderstanding.
    Damage Already done so jusg let it go and I will go at the same time 
  • woodbine
    <shakes head> and walks away having appologised and getting no support from anybody, thankfully I turned down the chance to be a community champion, good call from me.  :'(

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine I’d certainly agree that in this situation I would phone the manager as you suggested, that is generally the best advice. Shrugs shoulders. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Jankins
    Jankins Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Jankins said:
    I find it better to google the name of the Chief Executive then send an email directly to them!  Works every time for me.  Good Luck!
    Sorry I meant to say google who is Curry's CEO or get someone to help.  There are various sites that give the direct emails.
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    You don't need to start. It was a misunderstanding.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Boomtown, you are more than welcome to voice your worries on the community. We aim to be a space where disabled people can talk about whatever they want. 

I'm really sorry to hear how things have been recently. It sounds like it's been a really tough few months for you.

I'm concerned by your mention of suicide and want to support you. Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling?

You can call Samaritians on 116 123 to be in touch with a crisis volunteer. Also, SHOUT have a similar service which is mental health support over text. If you text SHOUT to 85258 a crisis volunteer will be in touch. 

MIND also have guidance on how to manage suicidal thoughts. 

If you haven't already, please do see your GP. You deserve to be heard. 
    Scope

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @Boomtown, how you doing? we are here if you want to let off steam or want to chat  :)

Brightness