Room 101!!! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Room 101!!!

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    The single beard hair that I always miss when shaving!  

The number not pressing on the TV remote...then coming up twice when you press it again...  :D 

And on that note, TV volume not being an even number! 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Curtains that aren't blackout!  :D
    Scope

• lindyhobbit
    lindyhobbit Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Clothes hangers. They always get tangled.   Teens who swear like troopers.  Bad spelling.  
  • lindyhobbit
    lindyhobbit Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Extra loud people
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Parking opposite T junctions
    parking on bends 
    potholes millions of them!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots more great suggestions thanks for posting :)
  • leeCal
    Hi @Ails I got fed up with finding a sock missing so I bought eighteen brand new totally black ones! Ha ha! Now I don’t care if one goes missing because I still have pairs of socks etc. Hint; buy them all the same make, they may discolour and shrink at different rates otherwise.

into the room 101 with odd nails and screws left on the road following a visit! (All about cars today!)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Bell11
    Bell11 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Trousers under the bum... :#.   Why there is a backside in the trousers... kids find it fashion. Man wear them down the same in prison to say I'm available..     :/ why are our future generation doing it ...
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Poor use of English eg` I would of gone` instead of ` I would have gone`  and `th` said as `f`.
  • 66Mustang
    @Bell11 My understanding of the trousers thing was due to prisoners not being allowed to have belts due to using them to hang themselves, so their trousers always fell down, and it turned into a bit of a fashion for chavs to wear their trousers round their thighs. Your explanation sounds just as plausible though, who knows which is correct. Regardless I agree with you though, maybe we are in the minority, but I do not see the attraction in an inch of exposed butt crack! :s

@pollyanna1052 I totally agree, "of" instead of "have" is one of the grammar errors I find most irritating! :D
  • leeCal
    The stench of barbecue kerosene or whatever it is when you were enjoying a nice sit in the garden. (Ive never barbecued)
    Likewise bonfires on sweltering hot summer evenings when you really need the windows open.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    edited July 2020
    @leeCal I am afraid my family are part of that group, I love a barbecue, furthermore we usually light the fire pit afterwards using the BBQ charcoals and some extra wood. Sorry :#

That said I do get annoyed when I smell other peoples' BBQs............annoyed that I am not having some!!!
  • rox001
    rox001 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    People who are late
    people who are rude
    people who are unkind and spiteful 
    my Dog pestering me to go out and when I open the door she goes and sits in the chair. 
    Soap operas 
    BBC news
    Untidiness 
    laziness
    ... and people that just go on and on and ... ?

• 66Mustang
    People who get offended when you hold open a door for them and assume you are doing so because you think they are incapable of holding it themselves. Often they bring up a completely irrelevant characteristic of themselves like they are old / female / have brown hair and it is ageist / sexist / brown hairist to help them. No you help them because it is the polite thing to do but people like that make me not want to do it any more which is sad for the majority of people who are decent and don't deserve to have the door slammed in their face!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Those who are queuing at a shop and have only bought a couple of things, they know how much it'll be, but wait until the cashier tells them the cost to then rummage through their bag, not be able to find their wallet / purse and take ages to find their card / cash. Consequently the whole line is held up for what seems like ages. 
  • 66Mustang
    It does seem to come as a surprise to some people when they are asked to pay for their products! :D
  • debbiedee513
    debbiedee513 Community member Posts: 29 Courageous
    Loud people, slamming doors, people who chat to you one day and ignore you the next
  • leeCal
    Nosey chemists assistants who ask “what is this for?” In public before handing your medication to you. Embarrassing or what! Or is it just me? ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Leigh_S
    Leigh_S Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    ‘On’ accident, no just no. And it’s often people who are old enough to know better.

• maple247
    maple247 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    • Being late (oh no, not again!)
    • Other people being judgemental about my lateness 
    • Acne in middle age
    • People looking at their mobile phone instead of where they're walking

Brightness