Charities/grants to help get carpet — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Charities/grants to help get carpet

donna27
donna27 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi iam a unpaid carer for my autistic sister I am also disabled I was just wondering is there any charities that will give me a grant so I can get new carpet I don't want dear stuff but we just don't have the money we did a house exchange and those supposed to leave things but they didn't so we have concrete floors and it's very cold and not good for my arthritis we don't really get any support from anyone so I was just wondering if anybody knows anything that could help we had the benefit loan which were paying back but the whole house had to be decorated and I had to get people into clean it because it was left that bad

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Donna @donna27 and welcome to the community. I am glad you've found us.
    I don't have an answer to your specific question, but I am sure others here will have been through similar situations and will be able to offer you advice. Bear with us, but don't hesitate to be in touch if there is anything else we might be able to help with or if you have any questions.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @donna27, and welcome to the community!

You may like to have a look at this online grants search to see if any are suitable for you. You haven't mentioned whether you're currently claiming any benefits, but you may also like to check the online benefits calculator to see if there's anything you could be entitled to. 
  • Ahmedbokash
    Ahmedbokash Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi, my name is Ahmed Bokash and looking for help toward carpet please
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, my name is Ahmed Bokash and looking for help toward carpet please
    Hi and welcome,

Do you claim any means tested benefits like JSA/ESA or income support? If you do then you can apply for a budgeting loan but it will need to be repaid back from future benefit payments. How much you're entitled to will depend on your circumstances. Link here with details. https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/eligibility

There's a budgeting advance available if you claim Universal Credit. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/on-universal-credit/budgeting-advance/

You need to be claiming either of those benefits for 6 months before you can apply.

Sometimes local councils have grants you maybe able to apply for but you'll need to ask them about this.

Other than that you can check the link above for available grants.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @donna27 Welcome on board. Did you view the houser before you swapped ? and come to any agreement about the condition it should be left in.

Is it a private rent or social housing as if council they sometimes issue decorating vouchers if the home isnt in a fit condition . However I dont know about carpets as in my area if there are carpets in a council property they remove them before the new occupant moves in and then the new occupant has to carpet the property
  • poppy123456
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @donna27 Welcome on board. Did you view the houser before you swapped ? and come to any agreement about the condition it should be left in.

Is it a private rent or social housing as if council they sometimes issue decorating vouchers if the home isnt in a fit condition . However I dont know about carpets as in my area if there are carpets in a council property they remove them before the new occupant moves in and then the new occupant has to carpet the property

This is an old thread from more than 2 years ago that a new member posted a question on. I would like to think that donna has now got the new carpets :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @poppy123456 I would say it's down to my eye sight lol 
  • mounter
    mounter Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have moved into my new home and I need bedroom carpet and living room carpet please 
  • poppy123456
    mounter said:
    I have moved into my new home and I need bedroom carpet and living room carpet please 

You can try contact your local Authority sometimes they have extra funding to help those on low income. Other than that you'll need to google search your area to see what maybe available.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.