Hi, my name is Loonyboon! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Loonyboon!

Loonyboon
Loonyboon Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm mentally and physically ill, I'm agaraphobic haven't left my home for 19 years and a suicidal manic depressive. I was due assessment this year, but received letter with end date January 15th. I'm so confused. As I may now have cancer and worse. I'm suicidal over all of this. What do I do?. Please help.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Loonyboon and welcome to the community.

Does the letter mention that the award was extended due to coronavirus? If so you don't need to do anything as they'll contact you for a reassessment closer to that time.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling suicidal about this. Is it safe to assume that you normally receive some mental health support? Have you been getting much of this throughout lockdown?
    If you're struggling with suicidal feelings it's really important to speak to someone trained and able to help you with them. Please give Samaritans a call on 116 123 or email them at jo@samaritans.org
    Also, while it's fair to say as a disability charity our strengths lie in the daily lives of disabled people rather than mental health, we would be willing to seek additional support for you if that's something you'd like. If so, please email us at community@scope.org.uk

Of course if you feel like you might be in danger, please call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Loonyboon

Welcome it’s my meet you today.

I am very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

It’s great to see that you have meet Adrian who is on off our senior members.

Can you please follow his info/advice.

If you do need someone to talk to please please come back to me ASAP.

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Loonyboon Welcome to the community I am sorry to heat how you are feeling, maybe if you give us more details about your assessment and the letter we can put your mind at ease.

What sort of assessment was it , was it PIP if so it is possible if you were due to be assessed because your award was about to end they have extended it .

This has happened to all those due to be assessed but the assessment hasnt taken place. The award has been extended by 6 months.

They will get in touch when they want to re-assess you and you d not have to do anything until the contact you  
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Welcome to the site, hope you will find guidance and feedback to help you through a difficult time in your life. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Loonyboon, just wanted to check in to see how you are today. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    How are you feeling this week @Loonyboon? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness