Some things about life after lock down I like ..distance is ok with me .. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Some things about life after lock down I like ..distance is ok with me ..

2»

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Topkitten

Mourning how about you doing today???

Please come back to me if you are still having problems with getting around.

Sorry but what type of keyboard do you use currently.

When it comes to the “NHS”  I have got lots of “T-Shirts” 

Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help/support you with????

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That looks like the perfect little retreat!
    Scope

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    oh yes @Chloe_Scope indeed it does  :) I would just love to be there today ....it would be nice in the fine weather or the sound of the Rain to me too....thunder and lightening.wow ....very therapeutic to me, although the thunder could be a bit scarey haha ...maybe ..

have-a lovely day...

:)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Very true @serenity2, looks like a good place to take lots of books!  :D
    Scope

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    Ty for asking @steve51. Not doing well at the moment. Yesterday I knocked something out of a cupboard onto a mug. I reacted too fast hurting my right leg  (bad one) and with spasms in my knee and hip, then I twisted too fast trying (and succeeding) to prevent the mug falling on my foot and my neck and arm are so bad I'm having to use a sling. And now, to top things off, I woke up in bed (3rd night using it after using a chair for 2-3 years) and tried to sit up to take a drink. Next thing I know I went off the end of the bed backwards and hit the concrete floor with a thin carpet over it head first. Thought I was dreaming until I woke up with my shoulders on the ground and the rest of me propped up against the bed like I was trying to backwards somersault. Currently long time wait ing for yet another ambulance as I might have passed out and my head, neck, arms, shoulders and right leg are all flaing high into the pain limit.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Topkitten

I am very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

Did you go into the ambulance in the ????

Yes the ambulance people/AE know me very very well.

I have got a motorised bed/memory mattress.

My wife must think I am at the “Fair Ground” as I am up & down when I get into bed.

How are you doing today????

I am here for you if  need a shoulder???

@steve51

• Chloe_Scope
    Hi really hope you are okay @Topkitten! Sounds like a nasty fall.
    Scope

• serenity2
    hi @Topkitten
    me too, hope your recovering ok ??
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Topkitten
    Not really recovered but got kicked out of A&E with no ongoing investigation and without speaking to anyone other than Physiotherapists I've documented the full story elsewhere if anyone cares to look for it.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • kaiasparrow
    kaiasparrow Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    This is my dream house! I wish I could run away and live in the woods, grow my own food and flowers, and make friends with all the wildlife
  • serenity2
    Hi @topkitten.
    sorry to hear this.
    its good to hear from you..
    sending good wishes to you ???
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • serenity2
    @kaiasparrow

exactly ! ?
    me too ..oh what a dream ! ?? 
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Topkitten, just wanted to check in. Sounds really tough to not have been given the support you need.
    Scope

• Topkitten
    Hi @Chloe_Scope, I guess I just get used to being badly treated. I did at least have Reablement in for a few weeks but that was withdrawn when Social tried to get a Care Company involved but some silly woman whose grasp of English was severely limited tried to assess me over the phone and it has turned into a disaster. Reablement dropped out immediately expecting cover and here I am almost 2 weeks later completely unable to get the woman to understand anything I say to her. She disappears for days only to reappear with no further knowledge of what I need and then blames Social Care. Vicious circle. Consequently I'm not managing very well again.

TK
  • Chloe_Scope
    It must be really stressful for you @Topkitten. You deserve that support. Is support still not available?
    Scope

Brightness