Update on PIP Claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update on PIP Claim

Options
jcalderwood
jcalderwood Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hey all

Just looking for some information in relation to the pip claim that was placed in Feb 2020.  I’m still waiting for a decision on this claim and I contacted them about it last week. They said that the CM asked for more evidence from HP in relation to it and I requested that information from them.

Got it in the post this morning and it was a PA5 asking for information in relation to the first claim I placed back in August 2019, which was disallowed and await for appeal. 

Nothing has changed with the points I have received from the assessment this time round and the information on the PA5 says that it’s most likely I would have been having issues with mobility and needed aids for cooking, washing and bathing at the first assessment due to the effects of cancer treatment. 

From the looks of things they are treating this second claim as a change of circumstances and are looking at both claims or am I looking into it too much..

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi thank you for your update I am not too sure on the answer to this but will tag in somebody who can possibly help

@poppy123456 can you help with this one
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks janer for the tag.

Hi @jcalderwood I think it's impossible for anyone to guess anything at this stage. All you can do is wait. Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jcalderwood
    Options
    Phoned DFC this morning and a decision was made at 09:40 this morning but they wouldn’t tell me over the phone because the letter hasn’t been printed yet. 

Finally after 22 weeks of waiting the end is in sight lol.. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They probably can't see the decision yet, that's why they couldn't tell you. It takes about 24 hours for them to be able to see it. Ring back this time tomorrow and then they'll tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
  • jcalderwood
    Options
    Phoned DFC this morning again and still nothing in relation to the decision letter being printed.. they said that the CM’s manager needs to approve the decision before the letter can be processed.  
  • jcalderwood
    Options
    Phoned again this morning and finally the letter had been printed and sent out. Was awarded enhanced on both and was told that the first claim that was disallowed (pending appeal) that the decision was changed but they couldn’t tell me what was changed.  Most likely will find out from the appeal service about the change. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news thanks for updating 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,150 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aw that’s great so pleased for you, you can relax a bit now ?
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    Well done @jcalderwood :) great news!!
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Yay I’m so happy for you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Great news! :)
  • YvonneMK
    YvonneMK Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    It’s good seeing some people having success shows it’s not all doom & gloom x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.