can i ring dwp to discuss assesment report with out asking for mr — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

can i ring dwp to discuss assesment report with out asking for mr

tallyann
tallyann Community member Posts: 10 Listener
my daughter was awarded  mobility but only got 7 points on daily  for cfs  and fnd  it says on report  for cooking  and on  dressing assistance was considered due to reporting the majority of days she has moderate to severe symptoms however these days are after activity following better days because she can do some chores drive   and visit family member aid appropriate to reduce fatigue to assist with repeatability    a when ask about taking medication she said she can do this no problems  she did not tell them that her partner allways makes her a drink in a morning and gives her tablet  her tablet     can she mention this  can she ring dwp just to have it explained to her why assistance wasnt   givenwith out asking for a mr  we dont realy understand descriptors  first claim with no help   any help please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You can but you may not get very far. DWP have nothing to do with the reports, they are written by the health assessment providers. Any comnplaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Regarding the medication, she stated that she can do this with no problems, why did she state this if she can't. Why does her partner give her the medication? Is she unable to that herself, does she forget to take it so needs reminding to do so?

Did she score any points for preparing a meal and dressing/undressing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tallyann
    hi   thank you for reply yes 2 on both  aid  would be appropriate to reduce fatigue and assit with repeatability  she doesnt want to complain    and just needs reminding  for med   i think what it saying she doing  things on better day  so this is causing the severe fatigue on majority of days  but she gets post exertion from any physical activity   tha
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    If she scored 2 points for each of the activities for washing/bathing and preparing a meal then she must have scored 1 point for medication because she scored 7 points in total for daily living. 1 point for medication is correct here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tallyann
    no sorry she sored 3 points washing  2 for aid  cooking 2 for aid  dressing

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.